Council tree felling...

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmmm... :huh:

During the dispute the Council failed to communicate in an open and honest way, let misinformation enter the public domain and allowed it to remain there. Failing to consult, engage and listen to the public, experts and organisations, all of whom should have been our partners, made these mistakes worse.

It makes you wonder why anyone would believe that the introduction of the CAZ was handled any differently... :roll:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It makes you wonder why anyone would believe that the introduction of the CAZ was handled any differently... :roll:

Exactly!

I'm wondering why the councils 'champion' has suddenly gone very quiet - he still visits?

Edited by RollingJ

On 25/06/2023 at 13:46, RollingJ said:

Exactly!

I'm wondering why the councils 'champion' has suddenly gone very quiet - he still visits?

Don't think he's ever posted on any of the trees threads over the years.

6 hours ago, Longcol said:

Don't think he's ever posted on any of the trees threads over the years.

Maybe not, but if not, I would be surprised.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Do people think this apology is enough? Sure, it's grovelling, but do people think 'lessons have really been learned' or have the council got off too lightly to warrant them making meaningful change?

No I don't , @Anna B. I don't think they have got off too lightly, if the introductory message in the Lowcock report is anything to go by - I have still to read the full report, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

Do people think this apology is enough? Sure, it's grovelling, but do people think 'lessons have really been learned' or have the council got off too lightly to warrant them making meaningful change?

It's the tree protesters who should be apologising for stopping the council removing trees that were doing damage,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spilldig said:

It's the tree protesters who should be apologising for stopping the council removing trees that were doing damage,

Have you read the Lowcock report, or even the introductory letter? - the Council acted just this side of the law in the whole debacle.

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

It's not only about the trees.

The row blew up because the council were clearly determined to ignore public feeling and go their own way, when it was obvious that many of the public objected.