Council tree felling...

No. Please show us some evidence of protesters physically and verbally assaulting Amey staff.

---------- Post added 18-01-2018 at 14:14 ----------

Please show us this 'physical assault'.

Not scrolling through hours and pages of content, at least one has been posted on this thread and Look North FB page posted an utterly ridiculous one.

And having been near one of these "protests" (not as a protester I hasten to add) the verbal abuse the staff have to put up with is ridiculous.

Blocking them from doing their job doesn't cause them any hardship does it.

I'd have thought quite the reverse. So long as they aren't on fixed price contracts, the longer it takes to cut down the trees the more work there is for the operatives. I wouldn't worry about the workers too much.

Not scrolling through hours and pages of content, at least one has been posted on this thread and Look North FB page posted an utterly ridiculous one.

And having been near one of these "protests" (not as a protester I hasten to add) the verbal abuse the staff have to put up with is ridiculous.

I've just looked through this entire thread for you. There is nothing of the sort posted anywhere on it, no video, or even any suggestion whatsoever that any physical or verbal assault has occurred from any protesters.

No charges have been brought for any assault, physical or verbal. Which they CERTAINLY would have done had anything of that nature ever occurred.

I think that can be the end of your ludicrous comments, pulled out of thin air.

I'd have thought quite the reverse. So long as they aren't on fixed price contracts, the longer it takes to cut down the trees the more work there is for the operatives. I wouldn't worry about the workers too much.

So that makes it alright to hurl verbal abuse constantly at them?

So that makes it alright to hurl verbal abuse constantly at them?

Have you dropped the 'physical abuse' accusation now?

---------- Post added 18-01-2018 at 14:34 ----------

Here's the result of the google search "tree protesters assault Amey staff"......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tree+protesters+assault+amey+staff&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHMO_enGB521GB521&ei=i65gWuSgB820gAbwmof4Dw&start=10&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=662

Plenty of eye opening news accounts. But only of Amey being accused of assaults I'm afraid.

There's a charming one about the two pensioners. The one that prompted Nick Clegg to say:

"The Sheffield Hallam MP said: "I'm outraged. It's boneheaded, it's stubborn, it's disrespectful, it's very alarming. Arresting elderly residents? Arresting them when they're just trying to say 'don't chop this tree down'?"

Mr Clegg said many of the trees did not need to be felled but it was cheaper for Amey to chop them down rather than repave all the pavements.

"This has got to end, this is really getting out of hand," he told residents at the remaining tree.

"I am absolutely gobsmacked and furious on your behalf."

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/14911598.Arrested_pensioners_defiant_after_protest_over_tree_felling__dawn_raid_/

Nope. Still stand by that. The verbal I have witnessed with my own ears, I'm afraid.

Haha!

And the physical? What evidence are you offering us for that?

So, despite claiming that this thread had 'evidence' (it doesn't) and that there is nothing, anywhere, to suggest any physical or verbal assault has ever taken place.....you still are trying to tell us it is occurring? But even Amey aren't reporting it?

I think Donald Trump might have a job for you!

Edited by paula4sheff