Council tree felling...

It seems quite a lot of force is considered reasonable by the police:

This looks pretty unreasonable to me, to move someone out of the way. I can understand manhandling and picking up to move people I think, but punching? Even if turned out the "bouncer" did not start it, I don't get why the police would not break up a fight happening in front of them?

That looks very much like assault to me. I wasn't there though of course. I hope that if it was as bad as it looks it gets reported through official channels.

---------- Post added 24-01-2018 at 13:46 ----------

Another local MP looks to be taking a firm stance on the situation too. How much longer can the council keep up this absolute sham I wonder, if even local MPs (of the same political party) are condemning them?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/completely-unsustainable-sheffield-mp-calls-on-council-contractor-to-halt-tree-felling-pending-further-investigation-1-8973830

I think you are giving SCC too much credit, why would they want to fight them?

What do you think the spirit of the contract is?

Well, the use of the engineering solutions for retaining trees when possible would be within the spirit, but since the council gave away the decision to Amey they just 'decide' to cut them down every time, because it's cheaper. For example.

I think you are giving SCC too much credit, why would they want to fight them?

What do you think the spirit of the contract is?

Other councils across the country are doing their best to try and get out of their contract with Amey, having realized exactly how bad it was. For some reason Sheffield would rather stand with Amey and against it's people, than do what other councils have and say "enough is enough". That's the sort of behaviour though that will (hopefully) see Sheffield Council taking an almighty battering at the ballot box.

Other councils across the country are doing their best to try and get out of their contract with Amey, having realized exactly how bad it was. For some reason Sheffield would rather stand with Amey and against it's people, than do what other councils have and say "enough is enough". That's the sort of behaviour though that will (hopefully) see Sheffield Council taking an almighty battering at the ballot box.

You mean the Labour party, yes? No matter who you vote for, the Council always get in.

You mean the Labour party, yes? No matter who you vote for, the Council always get in.

Sorry, yes - I mean the Labour control of the Sheffield Council.

I'm a lifelong Labour voter, and still would vote for them nationally, but I will NEVER vote for a Labour council again. I hope enough people feel like me.

Sorry, yes - I mean the Labour control of the Sheffield Council.

I'm a lifelong Labour voter, and still would vote for them nationally, but I will NEVER vote for a Labour council again. I hope enough people feel like me.

Well that is your problem. Labour were supposedly meant to get a tanking at the last local elections. They didnt. The vast majority of people either a) don't care, b) don't know, or c) would vote Labour through hell or high water because of Thatcher/family voted for them.

Well that is your problem. Labour were supposedly meant to get a tanking at the last local elections. They didnt. The vast majority of people either a) don't care, b) don't know, or c) would vote Labour through hell or high water because of Thatcher/family voted for them.

I agree with you, and that's what the council think too- hence their attitude. But I think a lot has change since the last local election. Relatively few people vote in it, and I think awareness of the current issues has been massive. All major newspapers have written about it. Those that do vote this time may have a real purpose. Anecdotally I know personally many Labour voters, all of whom are insistent they won't vote for a Labour council.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

What planning application battle - are you talking about next or IKEA now?

Apologies again. Looks like I got my planning application battles mixed up. Emma Jones has put me right but the original point I was trying to make still stands. When it comes to spending council taxpayers money, SCC feign concern sometimes then squander it on other occasions.

The busiest worker at Amey must be the one who goes around changing the dates on the boards that informs the residents when work is due to scheduled.

The boards around Sandford Grove Rd & Gatefield Rd have been up for weeks & by my reckoning,.the dates for scheduled work, (tree felling; completion of road & pavement resurfacing which was first started back in late 2016), have been changed at least 3 times.

The latest date for work is 22 Jan 2018 for 8 days. Yes it should have started today but not a single Amey or SCC worker has showed up according to one local resident.

Looks like the locals are so confident that no work would take place that the roads are still covered with parked cars, ignoring the board's request to move them between 7am to 7pm.

I have noticed something though, the delay in works seems to have resulted in even more local residents putting signs in their front windows stating that protesters are welcome to stand in their small front gardens.

Has owt started happening Baron ?