Council tree felling...

I just have - the use of the word is correct.

There would be nothing disingenous about it if people came out and said "I don't want these trees cut down because it will affect my house price".

But people aren't saying that are they - either because they don't think it - or they do and they're not being candid or sincere.

I don't recall saying anything was wrong - I just asked a question and then gave an opinion - you then accused me of misinterpreting, twisting, being argumentative etc. etc. - I don't think it's me that has the problem here.

I presume you know how every resident feels then? That you've got access to the views of them all, and that they've all commented? I certainly don't- hence my suggestion.

Funny how you've been called out for the same thing throughout this thread by other users then isn't it?

You've very 'selective' about what you choose to read.

Guest makapaka
I presume you know how every resident feels then? That you've got access to the views of them all, and that they've all commented? I certainly don't- hence my suggestion.

Funny how you've been called out for the same thing throughout this thread by other users then isn't it?

You've very 'selective' about what you choose to read.

No and I've never said I do know how everyone feels - but you suggested that might be what people feel - and I commented on that.

You are right you're not the only one who tries to shout down an alternative view by making accusations at other posters.

Note in your last few posts you've not actually offered anything in regard to the content of my posts - you seemingly just think i'm wrong for posting anything at all that you don't like.

No and I've never said I do know how everyone feels - but you suggested that might be what people feel - and I commented on that.

You are right you're not the only one who tries to shout down an alternative view by making accusations at other posters.

Note in your last few posts you've not actually offered anything in regard to the content of my posts - you seemingly just think i'm wrong for posting anything at all that you don't like.

What am I supposed to offer in regard to the content of your posts?

People make suggestions, you wade in with sarcastic comments, then tell them they're wrong. And then you suggest that people "shout down an alternative view by making accusations." And that you're some sort of remarkable 'I just tell it as it is, and people don't like it' sage, when you never seem to say ANYTHING other than 'you're wrong' to people. It's getting pretty boring.

I think perhaps what you fail to notice is that your posts never say anything, other than criticism of others, whilst offering NOTHING in the way of taking a reasonable conversation forward.

You seem utterly convinced that no resident could possibly think about a detrimental impact on their house price.

I'm not even sure why my SUGGESTION that maybe some residents might be worried about their house prices has ended (yet again) in a tedious back to forth.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 16:40 ----------

hahahaha! That's spot on!

Guest makapaka
What am I supposed to offer in regard to the content of your posts?

People make suggestions, you wade in with sarcastic comments, then tell them they're wrong. And then you suggest that people "shout down an alternative view by making accusations." And that you're some sort of remarkable 'I just tell it as it is, and people don't like it' sage, when you never seem to say ANYTHING other than 'you're wrong' to people. It's getting pretty boring.

I think perhaps what you fail to notice is that your posts never say anything, other than criticism of others, whilst offering NOTHING in the way of taking a reasonable conversation forward.

You seem utterly convinced that no resident could possibly think about a detrimental impact on their house price.

I'm not even sure why my SUGGESTION that maybe some residents might be worried about their house prices has ended (yet again) in a tedious back to forth.

Feel free to point me to all these examples where I've told people they're wrong and criticised them.

You'll not find any - you'll also have to scroll past all of your posts telling me I'm wrong and criticising me.

It would be a bit disingenuous to complain about the felling of trees under the banner of conservationism if it's property prices that people are concerned about wouldn't it?

Perhaps you're only capable of seeing issues in a single dimension? Other people could probably manage to be annoyed at both a financial implication to themselves and simultaneously the conservation aspect.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:14 ----------

Some campaigners may not care less about the impact of tree felling on property prices - it's certainly not raised as an issue by campaigners in the media etc.

Probably because they were worried that people like you would seize on it as being a selfish reason to object. :roll:

It would be disingenuous because no one (other than you) is outwardly saying their house price (which is linked to personal gain) is a factor. If it isn’t - fine, if it was they should say so.

That doesn't make it disingenuous, and that wasn't what you claimed was disingenuous anyway.

I've seen the 10-year battle my elderly parents have had to endure to finally get their local council(not Sheffield) to admit that their house subsidence was caused by an oak tree on the highway outside. The council finally agreed to pay for repairs but only after dad spent over £1000 on surveys and measurements. For now the house is habitable, fully re-plastered and supposedly safe but they cant now sell and move out with that tree damage in its history.

When they pass away, not for many years time I hope, I think we shall have to have the house demolished and sell the plot.

So I would think long and hard before buying a property with mature street trees close by, no matter how lovely they look.

Feel free to point me to all these examples where I've told people they're wrong and criticised them.

You'll not find any - you'll also have to scroll past all of your posts telling me I'm wrong and criticising me.

If I could be bothered I'd try and point out how sarcastic responses, such as "aye...who'd have thought that" are the same as telling people they're wrong.

But it would result in an endless and tedious debate.

Guest makapaka
Perhaps you're only capable of seeing issues in a single dimension? Other people could probably manage to be annoyed at both a financial implication to themselves and simultaneously the conservation aspect.

Probably because they were worried that people like you would seize on it as being a selfish reason to object. :roll:

That doesn't make it disingenuous, and that wasn't what you claimed was disingenuous anyway.

Or maybe some people just see it purely as detrimental to their own personal wealth - which wouldn't be right would it?