Council tree felling...

Now the council and their bosses at Amey are claiming residents are poisoning their workmen with TEA .

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-investigating-as-workers-fall-ill-after-being-given-tea-by-resident-while-felling-trees-in-sheffield-1-8980819

You couldnt make it up :hihi::hihi:

No need to make it up -- The Star and their pals at Amey already have!

I see this drivel is at the top of The Star's home page.

When Louise Haigh MP called for a halt in tree felling this week, the story wasn't on their home page at all.

'Completely unsustainable' - Sheffield MP calls on council contractor to halt tree felling pending further investigation

Ms Haigh said: “This morning I’ve been down to Meersbrook Park Road, following numerous complaints and after seeing the videos of the conflict taking place on a daily basis. The situation is completely unsustainable.

"Meersbrook Park Road is a particular cause for concern due to the significant number of trees on the road which were contested by the Independent Tree Panel. Having viewed the Council’s response to the ITP recommendations, the reasons given by the Council are varied and in some cases unsatisfactory.

"The daily events on Meersbrook Park Road are deeply distressing for local residents and those walking through the area and the park alike. I am therefore calling on the Council to cease felling until the ITP decisions have been reviewed, all options reconsidered and there has been full disclosure of any and all final decisions to fell.”

So, in the crazy world of The Star:

Local MP and Shadow Minister for Policing says that the council's decision to fell trees that the Independent Tree Panel said shouldn't be felled because they just needed a kerb stone resetting or the pavement ramping a little -- Not News!

"A source, who did not want to be named" says the lumberjacks dranks some tea (and ate from the same butty shop, spent all day together, touched the same things, shared some snacks...) and got ill -- Front Page News!!! (And it must have been the tea!)

Anyone would think that The Star are reliant on advertising income from Sheffield City Council..... ahhhhh they are.

Edited by Flexo

Now the council and their bosses at Amey are claiming residents are poisoning their workmen with TEA .

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-investigating-as-workers-fall-ill-after-being-given-tea-by-resident-while-felling-trees-in-sheffield-1-8980819

You couldnt make it up :hihi::hihi:

Oh that's amazing! haha!

Interestingly- I'm not sure The Star have reported on the news of the halting of the tree cutting sue to the assault allegations have they? Everyone else seems to have done.

Even more interesting is that this nonsense apparently happened back in October......odd that The Star choose now to report it!

Good old Star! Looks like the council have well and truly got hold of them!

HOW desperate are the council and Amey becoming though, to descend into this drivel? Do they HONESTLY expect people to believe that some little old lady is handing out poison tea?!

Edited by paula4sheff

Guest makapaka
Oh that's amazing! haha!

Interestingly- I'm not sure The Star have reported on the news of the halting of the tree cutting sue to the assault allegations have they? Everyone else seems to have done.

Even more interesting is that this nonsense apparently happened back in October......odd that The Star choose now to report it!

Good old Star! Looks like the council have well and truly got hold of them!

HOW desperate are the council and Amey becoming though, to descend into this drivel? Do they HONESTLY expect people to believe that some little old lady is handing out poison tea?!

What has it got to do with the council and amey?

What has it got to do with the council and amey?

How do you think a story about Amey staff being 'poisoned', that took place in October, came to land at The Star today?

Clue: It wasn't investigate journalism that took 3 months to research.

Second clue: It was a 'source who did not want to be named'. Who seems to know a lot about Amey workers, and that they apparently had days off.

Edited by paula4sheff

Just listened to the interview with Darren Butt . Comedy gold . I saw the video of the man getting knocked out with an uppercut from Ameys security. I thought it was a definite uppercut , Toby Foster said it was a definite uppercut , Darren butt said it was not :loopy: . I hope whoever was on the receiving end of this violence from this paid thug , goes public and takes action

Just listened to the interview with Darren Butt . Comedy gold . I saw the video of the man getting knocked out with an uppercut from Ameys security. I thought it was a definite uppercut , Toby Foster said it was a definite uppercut , Darren butt said it was not :loopy: . I hope whoever was on the receiving end of this violence from this paid thug , goes public and takes action

The interview is great! Huge respect to Toby Foster for really grilling him, and not letting him get away with 'management speak'. He really took him to task, and it was great to hear him tie himself up in circles!

What I couldn't understand when watching the reports on Calendar & Look North tonight was the fact that while it looked like six of one, half a dozen of the other, with what looked like a minor brawl taking place, the police were just stood behind the safety fence & letting both sides just get on with it?

At one point a female member of the public / a protester, call her what you will asks a PC, (next to him was clearly a senior officer - flat hat, silver braid), to intervene but they just stood there.

The interview is great! Huge respect to Toby Foster for really grilling him, and not letting him get away with 'management speak'. He really took him to task, and it was great to hear him tie himself up in circles!

Not a big fan of Toby Foster because when he has Julie Dore and Brain Lodge on ,hes usually to soft on them . Not a spelling mistake ,by the way :)

What I couldn't understand when watching the reports on Calendar & Look North tonight was the fact that while it looked like six of one, half a dozen of the other, with what looked like a minor brawl taking place, the police were just stood behind the safety fence & letting both sides just get on with it?

At one point a female member of the public / a protester, call her what you will asks a PC, (next to him was clearly a senior officer - flat hat, silver braid), to intervene but they just stood there.

The lack of intervention by the police is seriously worrying, I agree.