Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
How do you think a story about Amey staff being 'poisoned', that took place in October, came to land at The Star today?

Clue: It wasn't investigate journalism that took 3 months to research.

Second clue: It was a 'source who did not want to be named'. Who seems to know a lot about Amey workers, and that they apparently had days off.

I thought it said that the workers went to police?

Or just add the star to your list of supposed complicit parties;

Amey

Scc

Syp

Sheff star

Anyone else in this mass scandal?

Guest makapaka
Tiresome ,springs to mind

Why is any view always described as tiresome if it doesn’t suit others ?

I’ll ask some direct questions instead then;

Do you think South Yorkshire police are complicit in this by purposefully and knowingly not prosecuting people for criminal assault by amey reps?

Do you think the sheffield star is running stories that support amey because they receive funding via advertising from the council?

Thats two suggestions on here I’m questioning - what are your answers?

Why is any view always described as tiresome if it doesn’t suit others ?

I’ll ask some direct questions instead then;

Do you think South Yorkshire police are complicit in this by purposefully and knowingly not prosecuting people for criminal assault by amey reps?

Do you think the sheffield star is running stories that support amey because they receive funding via advertising from the council?

Thats two suggestions on here I’m questioning - what are your answers?

I think the police are trying not to dirty themselves by trying to be on both sides . Not sure about The Star as they seem to be going down a tabloid route . A question for you if you don't mind . Do you see the assault on the member of the public ( the uppercut one) as a criminal assault ? Please don't come back and say you haven't seen the video, because it is widely available

Guest makapaka
I think the police are trying not to dirty themselves by trying to be on both sides . Not sure about The Star as they seem to be going down a tabloid route . A question for you if you don't mind . Do you see the assault on the member of the public ( the uppercut one) as a criminal assault ? Please don't come back and say you haven't seen the video, because it is widely available

Ok that’s not really an answer. The police are there to enforce law - not to sit on the fence - do you think they are not prosecuting people for assault so they can be seen to be on both sides?

You’ve also not answered the question on the star.

As for your question - that is for the police to decide - who were present - not me or you via YouTube

Sometime last year, when nick clegg got involved and the elderley woman was arrested during the 'dawn raid' the police did say they wouldn't be getting involved any more- presumably because of the large amount of negative publicity that arrest got. I wonder if that is still their official stance, despite the fact things have moved on a lot since then?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 23:29 ----------

Toby foster has said the council and the police won't now be on his show tomorrow as planned: "Sheffield City Council, and*@syptweet*have refused to come on our show tomorrow. They simply don’t understand how PR works these days. STAG are posting videos, SCC are ignoring it. They’ve got a 2018 problem, with 1990 PR."

At some point surely the council are going to have to start answering sone questions on the situation? It's like they think ignoring the problem will make it vanish.

Edited by paula4sheff

Guest makapaka
Sometime last year, when nick clegg got involved and the elderley woman was arrested during the 'dawn raid' the police did say they wouldn't be getting involved any more- presumably because of the large amount of negative publicity that arrest got. I wonder if that is still their official stance, despite the fact things have moved on a lot since then?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 23:29 ----------

Toby foster has said the council and the police won't now be on his show tomorrow as planned: "Sheffield City Council, and*@syptweet*have refused to come on our show tomorrow. They simply don’t understand how PR works these days. STAG are posting videos, SCC are ignoring it. They’ve got a 2018 problem, with 1990 PR."

At some point surely the council are going to have to start answering sone questions on the situation? It's like they think ignoring the problem will make it vanish.

It’s a bit naive to think PR is the problem isn’t it? Would better PR change the protestors views?

What are your views on the questions I put to hackeylad?

Edited by makapaka

Or maybe some people just see it purely as detrimental to their own personal wealth - which wouldn't be right would it?

A few minutes ago you were claiming that nobody had ever mentioned this point (although it's been mentioned on this forum, months ago).

Now you think that there are people who are secretly ONLY concerned with this point.

I can only assume that you have nothing resembling any evidence to support your wild speculation. :roll:

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 07:39 ----------

I've seen the 10-year battle my elderly parents have had to endure to finally get their local council(not Sheffield) to admit that their house subsidence was caused by an oak tree on the highway outside. The council finally agreed to pay for repairs but only after dad spent over £1000 on surveys and measurements. For now the house is habitable, fully re-plastered and supposedly safe but they cant now sell and move out with that tree damage in its history.

When they pass away, not for many years time I hope, I think we shall have to have the house demolished and sell the plot.

So I would think long and hard before buying a property with mature street trees close by, no matter how lovely they look.

Having trees removed is likely to cause subsidence and heave as well of course.

Guest makapaka
A few minutes ago you were claiming that nobody had ever mentioned this point (although it's been mentioned on this forum, months ago).

Now you think that there are people who are secretly ONLY concerned with this point.

I can only assume that you have nothing resembling any evidence to support your wild speculation. :roll:

No, no, no. It's funny how i'm the one accused of twisting words.

I don't know what people think, I've never suggested otherwise. I'm just pointing out that it could be the case - and my view if it was. The same as you were when you said people could see things in two dimensions - is that speculation also?

I never even brought up any link between property prices and tree felling - that was Paula4Sheff - feel free to ask them any questions about their wild speculation.