Council tree felling...

If I was to go the police, say me and my friend had a bad stomach last October, and suggested it was because my neighbour gave us both a cup of tea that day, four months ago, would they investigate it?

I have no idea. I mean it seems so utterly implausible and ludicrous, that I genuinely have no idea.

It's like something out of comedy series - two detectives investigating a laxative that may or may not have been put in a drink four months ago!

Why on earth have they only reported it four months after the incident, assuming it actually happened at all of course. Who on earth remembers a bad stomach they had four months ago, and thinks they can attribute it to one specific drink?!

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 17:13 ----------

How on earth are they going to find anyone guilty of anything? A genuine question- are there any tests, or anything the police could do whatsoever that could prove a bad stomach was linked to one specific drink, so long ago?

I don't have any idea whether or not this was reported to the police at the time, do you?

It's only come to light in the last few days, but that doesn't mean the alleged incident wasn't reported back in September, or whenever it was supposed to have happened.

Why shouldn't they investigate it? If someone reports a possible offence then why shouldn't the police be allowed to investigate it? Or should they only investigate things that you see worthy?

The Tea-Gate scandal apparently happened in October, and it took the three workman THREE months to report it .

Its yet another low down tactic by the council and their bosses at Amey to harass members of the public . I dont expect any better from South Yorkshire plod , They have a long history of mis-treatment of the public . Its pathetic .

There is something very dodgy in that contract the council wont let us see for them to stoop to such lows. The list is endless .

Protesting Pensioners being man handled by the police and arrested

Protesters being prosecuted under an ancient law and taken to court

Court orders imposed to stop protesting

Amey`s bully boy security man handling protesters

I dont expect any better from south yorkshire plod, but the council and amey should be ashamed of themselves.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 18:54 ----------

So if I accuse you of assaulting me. You think the police wouldn't first investigate before somehow knowing if evidence existed?

You would have thought Amey would have told their workmen to come up with something better to try and incriminate pensioners than " poison Tea " . :roll:

I don't have any idea whether or not this was reported to the police at the time, do you?

It's only come to light in the last few days, but that doesn't mean the alleged incident wasn't reported back in September, or whenever it was supposed to have happened.

I'd be incredibly surprised if it had been reported in October that the star would report it now and the police would only have investigated it now.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 19:17 ----------

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 18:54 ----------

[/color]

You would have thought Amey would have told their workmen to come up with something better to try and incriminate pensioners than " poison Tea " . :roll:

You could argue it's ideal - there's no way of proving it did happen, and also no way of proving it didn't happen. All that happens is that some people believe it did happen because of the 'no smoke without fire' attitude.

Hence - no one gets prosecuted, no one can be proved to be maliciously wasting police time, but names are tarnished. A purpose has been achieved.

People might like to cast their mind back to some of the newspaper reports that surround the Hillsborough tragedy, and how certain people were portrayed.....

Edited by paula4sheff

The Tea-Gate scandal apparently happened in October, and it took the three workman THREE months to report it .

Reported in October according to this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5317037/Police-investigate-claims-workmen-posioned-locals.html

"South Yorkshire Police said they are investigating reports of three alleged assaults on three workers who were felling trees in Sheffield and that 'this matter was reported during October 2017.'

A spokesperson said: 'Officers have carried out forensic tests and have spoken to a number of witnesses regarding this matter and enquiries are ongoing."

Here's an update on the tree felling on Sandford Grove Rd & surrounding area.

Took the dog for a walk this morning & noticed that Amey / SCC have removed all their boards informing of scheduled works, (tree felling & resurfacing), which was due to start last Monday but not end until this coming Wednesday. So looks like no work is going to take place. Unless of course, playing Devil's advocate, it's a ploy & Amey turn up in the early hours?

Did however notice that residents had put up their own notices, complementing the ones that gave protesters the permission to stand in their front gardens. The latest notices stated that residents were fed up with being told to remove their vehicles between 7am to 7pm but no work was carried out. They had details of who to complain to at SCC.

It'll be interesting to see what develops over the coming weeks.

Here's an update on the tree felling on Sandford Grove Rd & surrounding area.

Took the dog for a walk this morning & noticed that Amey / SCC have removed all their boards informing of scheduled works, (tree felling & resurfacing), which was due to start last Monday but not end until this coming Wednesday. So looks like no work is going to take place. Unless of course, playing Devil's advocate, it's a ploy & Amey turn up in the early hours?

Did however notice that residents had put up their own notices, complementing the ones that gave protesters the permission to stand in their front gardens. The latest notices stated that residents were fed up with being told to remove their vehicles between 7am to 7pm but no work was carried out. They had details of who to complain to at SCC.

It'll be interesting to see what develops over the coming weeks.

The notices in Meersbrook went on for over 6 months. As soon as the date expired, they were replaced with new ones. Residents just had to ignore them, otherwise they would have nowhere to put their car for months on end.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 19:24 ----------

Reported in October according to this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5317037/Police-investigate-claims-workmen-posioned-locals.html

"South Yorkshire Police said they are investigating reports of three alleged assaults on three workers who were felling trees in Sheffield and that 'this matter was reported during October 2017.'

A spokesperson said: 'Officers have carried out forensic tests and have spoken to a number of witnesses regarding this matter and enquiries are ongoing."

I'd love to know what they are doing 'forensic tests' on, four months after the event......

The police wouldn't be involved if there wasn't even a sniff of evidence.

Poor show if it's true.

An accusation of a serious crime has been made and the police will follow it through.

Good on them I say.

I don't claim to be a latter day Sherlock Holmes, but do you reckon tree surgeons use hand sanitiser before having their snap?