Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
The police don't have to be complicit do they, or even the council. It only takes a few people in the know at Amey to fabricate the report.

That was the suggestion by the other poster.

What about the 3 workers who reported it then - do you think they reported a fabricated event to the police on behalf of their employers - in order to facilitate improved public perception of their employer?

What about the 3 workers who reported it then - do you think they reported a fabricated event to the police on behalf of their employers - in order to facilitate improved public perception of their employer?

So you honestly think a couple of pensioners have poisoned workmen with iffy Tea. ? :hihi::hihi:

I suppose you also believe in the tooth fairy.

Guest makapaka
So you honestly think a couple of pensioners have poisoned workmen with iffy Tea. ? :hihi::hihi:

I suppose you also believe in the tooth fairy.

I don’t know - I doubt it. the police do the investigation and it may well prove to be nothing.

That wouldn’t necessarily mean that amey had got 3 of their employees to lie to police to improve their PR and despite such an incredulous claim the police saw fit to investigate it because they are the keystone cops and the council......well it’s the council so they must be involved????....

Perhaps they all just had a stomach bug, but their manager suggested that they'd been poisoned. They're probably not the smartest bunch.

If the police find no evidence, do you think they'll launch an investigation into malicious reports and wasting police time?

---------- Post added 30-01-2018 at 07:36 ----------

The police didn't even have the time to phone me when I reported a hit and run. Perhaps I should have reported a stomach upset instead!

It looks like the Amey / SCC partnership needed some adverse PR for the protesters at a time when videos were going online of the Amey / SCC 'security' roughing up pensioners.

How their PR people thought that a four month old laxative poisoning claim would do the trick is beyond me though, even if its true!!. The only people with adverse PR is the Amey / SCC partnership. It even made the Daily Telegraph the other day and the reporting was extremely balanced and introduced the tree farce to an even wider blue rinsed audience.

Also in the Daily Mail and New Civil Engineer, my own publication of choice in the sorry matter. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/26/police-investigate-poisoned-tea-plot-workmen-chopping-trees/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5317995/Police-investigate-poisoned-tea-plot-tree-dispute.html

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/amey-halts-sheffield-trees-work-after-assault-allegations/10027475.article

Guest makapaka
Perhaps they all just had a stomach bug, but their manager suggested that they'd been poisoned. They're probably not the smartest bunch.

If the police find no evidence, do you think they'll launch an investigation into malicious reports and wasting police time?

---------- Post added 30-01-2018 at 07:36 ----------

The police didn't even have the time to phone me when I reported a hit and run. Perhaps I should have reported a stomach upset instead!

I thinks it a bit unfair to make assumptions on peoples intelligence who you don’t know - and to assume they would contact the police on the basis of their managers suggestions.

---------- Post added 30-01-2018 at 10:05 ----------

It looks like the Amey / SCC partnership needed some adverse PR for the protesters at a time when videos were going online of the Amey / SCC 'security' roughing up pensioners.

How their PR people thought that a four month old laxative poisoning claim would do the trick is beyond me though, even if its true!!. The only people with adverse PR is the Amey / SCC partnership. It even made the Daily Telegraph the other day and the reporting was extremely balanced and introduced the tree farce to an even wider blue rinsed audience.

Also in the Daily Mail and New Civil Engineer, my own publication of choice in the sorry matter. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/26/police-investigate-poisoned-tea-plot-workmen-chopping-trees/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5317995/Police-investigate-poisoned-tea-plot-tree-dispute.html

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/amey-halts-sheffield-trees-work-after-assault-allegations/10027475.article

I haven’t seen the videos of people roughing up pensioners - can you post them on here.

I’ve seen the one of the protestor being arrested for obstructing the highway and assaulting a policeman, also the one where the protestors shout “thugs” at the security guards when the bloke trips over a tree in the fenced off area. Also the one where the protestors are holding on to railings where they are trying to erect fencing and scream like they are in agony when someone tries to move their hands off the railings.

Edited by makapaka

It comes as no surprise that south yorkshires keystone cops have taken four months look into it. Their incompetence is well proven.

Familiar with timescales for forensic investigations are you?

Can't say I'm up-to-date on that but I know how long it used to take to get mobile phones examined. Still, shouldn't let anything like that get in the way of poking fun at police.

Guest makapaka
You mean when someone bends their fingers and thumbs back one by one to make them let go? An action that could cause a permanent injury?

Not if they let go......

Seriously- ive seen the video - no one was going to get a serious injury.