Council tree felling...

Well - you know how there could be zero don’t you?

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 21:42 ----------

Whos fault is it that the police are having their already stretched resources stretched further day in day out?

No - the videos don’t show that. Which you know. It suits to suggest so though.

What sort of answer is that ? Do you believe that the felling of one tree requires 33 cops and 20 security guards ? ( cue your answer , well they thought that was required ) . And to answer your question , yes it could be zero , if the council /amey were more open to the public and could prove that this tree was one of the many Ds that they say it was . Many of the protestors and on here have said they are not against felling of trees if these details are proven

Guest makapaka
What sort of answer is that ? Do you believe that the felling of one tree requires 33 cops and 20 security guards ? ( cue your answer , well they thought that was required ) . And to answer your question , yes it could be zero , if the council /amey were more open to the public and could prove that this tree was one of the many Ds that they say it was . Many of the protestors and on here have said they are not against felling of trees if these details are proven

What sort of answer? How about - don’t break an injunction set by the courts?

= zero police zero security guards.

Protesting is fine. It’s not a conspiracy that the police are arresting protestors and not amey staff though - because of the protestors actions.

The only reason that woman ended up on the floor was because of the other protestor - who I believe was arrested.

Pretending big bouncers are roughing up old ladies is daft.

I feel sorry for the security guards - being painted as hired thugs.

What sort of answer? How about - don’t break an injunction set by the courts?

= zero police zero security guards.

Protesting is fine. It’s not a conspiracy that the police are arresting protestors and not amey staff though - because of the protestors actions.

The only reason that woman ended up on the floor was because of the other protestor - who I believe was arrested.

Pretending big bouncers are roughing up old ladies is daft.

What about the council/amey providing proof of the Ds ?. Why did they set up an independent group to check up the health and position of trees and then chose to ignore them ? Why haven't engineering solutions that have been costed and are in ameys contract been used ?

They do seem to be hired thugs.

Video from Meersbrook park showing Amey security uppercutting a protester (50 seconds onwards)

Also shows police standing by and doing nothing to intervene, despite several members of the public requesting them to do so.

The protestors are doing a very good job. Hopefully, at some point, sanity will prevail, and Amey will be dismissed. In the meantime, these protesters have saved many hundreds of healthy trees.

Without the presence of these peaceful protestors, Amey would be taking down healthy trees at a much, much higher rate.

what an absolute nonsense statement. Get in the real world, far more important issues in the world. protest by all means, but unfortunately don't expect everyone to agree with your opinions.

Amey removed a tree outside my house that was causing subsidence to my property, and many others on my road and have replanted new trees as well resurfaced the paths to a very high standard making it safer for elderly and people in wheelchairs and with prams as all pavements haven't got massive bumps and tree roots sticking out everywhere causing a hazard and have resurfaced my road so im not having to dodge potholes every 5 inches

job well done in my opinion

Guest makapaka
They do seem to be hired thugs.

Video from Meersbrook park showing Amey security uppercutting a protester (50 seconds onwards)

Also shows police standing by and doing nothing to intervene, despite several members of the public requesting them to do so.

He doesn’t uppercut him though does he - although the angle makes it look a bit dodgy on camera I agree - the dramatic music also makes it seem like the escape from stalag.....

It’s a bit like running onto the pitch at a football match - grappling with the stewards and then complaining they’ve been a bit mean to you.

Edited by makapaka

He doesn’t uppercut him though does he - although the angle makes it look a bit dodgy on camera I agree - the dramatic music also makes it seem like the escape from stalag.....

You and Darren Butt are about the only people who don't see it.

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 22:43 ----------

what an absolute nonsense statement. Get in the real world, far more important issues in the world. protest by all means, but unfortunately don't expect everyone to agree with your opinions.

Amey removed a tree outside my house that was causing subsidence to my property, and many others on my road and have replanted new trees as well resurfaced the paths to a very high standard making it safer for elderly and people in wheelchairs and with prams as all pavements haven't got massive bumps and tree roots sticking out everywhere causing a hazard and have resurfaced my road so im not having to dodge potholes every 5 inches

job well done in my opinion

You better hope the 100 gallons of water the tree was taking up don't cause ground heave or you might have even bigger problems.

Guest makapaka

And all the police that seemingly watched a man take an uppercut that would have put deontay wilder down and thought - nah - leave that it’s reasonable force.

He doesn’t uppercut him though does he - although the angle makes it look a bit dodgy on camera I agree -

Yes, it does look very dodgy. If you believe it wasn't an uppercut, what's your theory as to why the Amey security person throws his hand with his elbow bent at 90 degrees, with quite some force, from beneath his hip, upwards towards the protesters head? :huh:

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 22:43 ----------

You better hope the 100 gallons of water the tree was taking up don't cause ground heave or you might have even bigger problems.

id be worried if your statement was backed up with facts. but im not worried