Council tree felling...

What would you have the police do hackey lad?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:25 ----------

What would you instruct the police to do?

Its pretty obvious the police commissioner is not happy with the situation . See how I answered a question , without asking a question

I think the majority of Sheffield people are just fed up hearing about it now. Celebrities speak only to promote their own interests, didn't Vernon kay lend his support. Thought I'd not seen him on telly for a while, I wonder why he suddenly spoke up

Their motivation doesn't matter (although I don't see why they wouldn't be sincere- they are as capable as anyone at seeing stupidity and council corruption in action)- I'm talking about the consequences, which will be, along with all the other factors, that at some point, Amey and SCC will be stopped from culling the trees.

And, when it's stopped, hundreds of trees will survive, soley as a result of our tree protesters slowing down Amey's cull to 1 tree a week.

What do you want the police to do about bats?

I’d like the police to uphold the law properly.

It is illegal to disturb bats. Amey need to obey the law. The police have been asked to make them do so. The police won’t.

What do you think that the police should do about bats?

Edited by Naive

What would you instruct the police to do?

Ideally, intervene when Amey staff assault protesters.

Failing that, go elsewhere and do some actual police work. It's absurd that 30+ police are stood around at each tree felling, when 2 or 3 would be perfectly adequate.

What have those 30+ police/day actually done, other than just stand around, that couldn't be done by 2 or 3 police?

Edited by onewheeldave

Yes! The little thinkers who have their days off taken away from them in order to save on overtime.

They will have time to reflect on their poor treatment whilst enjoying their early retirement and enhanced pension, my heart bleeds for them.

They will have time to reflect on their poor treatment whilst enjoying their early retirement and enhanced pension, my heart bleeds for them.

The majority of Police Officers now have to work until they are 60. Their 'enhanced pensions' are predominantly funded by themselves. Currently 14% of their salary goes towards their pension. The highest in the public sector.

The majority of Police Officers now have to work until they are 60. Their 'enhanced pensions' are predominantly funded by themselves. Currently 14% of their salary goes towards their pension. The highest in the public sector.

Which equates to 11.20% net of basic rate tax relief and 8.40% net of higher rate tax relief. If someone in the private sector paid these contributions into a personal pension they would be very lucky to accrue a quarter of a public sector pension. I shall take extra note of the plethora of 59 years old police officers that you suggest are serving and protecting us, I’ve not noticed any so far.

Which equates to 11.20% net of basic rate tax relief and 8.40% net of higher rate tax relief. If someone in the private sector paid these contributions into a personal pension they would be very lucky to accrue a quarter of a public sector pension. I shall take extra note of the plethora of 59 years old police officers that you suggest are serving and protecting us, I’ve not noticed any so far.

They are not around yet, but will be rest assured.

I support the police,I think they do a difficult job and do it well most of the time but come on, working 'til 60 is hardly a hardship is it when most of us have to go to 66 at least.. as for pensions .. a genuine question..what percentage of their salary is paid into their pension by their employer..?

I support the police,I think they do a difficult job and do it well most of the time but come on, working 'til 60 is hardly a hardship is it when most of us have to go to 66 at least.

Plus I've found that people in their 60s are a lot fitter today than those in the past. I worked with a retired firefighter who was far fitter than I was. He still plays and referees rugby and thought nothing of cycling 20 miles to work each day.

It makes me laugh when I know of people that age today who do things like scuba dive, abseil, caving, swimming, long distance road cycling then I recall my grandparents in their 60s having one foot in the grave!