Council tree felling...

I love the trees of Sheffield, its one of the few benefits of living here. I don't want any of them cutting down. But now I can't wait for it all to end, and if that means cutting them all down then thats now fine with me. My sympathies on the subject have severely dwindled because of the actions of some one here.

---------- Post added 08-03-2018 at 17:04 ----------

And there we have it. Pick holes on anything Calahonda says and he/she then assumes your a police officer :hihi:

Nice edit. ;)

I love the trees of Sheffield, its one of the few benefits of living here. I don't want any of them cutting down. But now I can't wait for it all to end, and if that means cutting them all down then thats now fine with me. My sympathies on the subject have severely dwindled because of the actions of some one here.

---------- Post added 08-03-2018 at 17:04 ----------

And there we have it. Pick holes on anything Calahonda says and he/she then assumes your a police officer :hihi:

That's interesting actually - I'm probably the opposite. The more I hear/read/find out about what's going on, the more I dislike Amey and the council. It's not just the trees- the whole saga has really opened my eyes as to how the council operate, in many ways. None of them positive.

That's interesting actually - I'm probably the opposite. The more I hear/read/find out about what's going on, the more I dislike Amey and the council. It's not just the trees- the whole saga has really opened my eyes as to how the council operate, in many ways. None of them positive.

Same here. The More I looked into it the more I learnt about the council/Amey totally ignoring actual experts on trees, the dodgy PFI contracts, the obvious corruption, wasting of public funds, misuse of laws, intimidation of those who protest against all the former, etc, etc.

Same here. The More I looked into it the more I learnt about the council/Amey totally ignoring actual experts on trees, the dodgy PFI contracts, the obvious corruption, wasting of public funds, misuse of laws, intimidation of those who protest against all the former, etc, etc.

I drove down Abbeydale Park Rise this morning, what a complete mess, it’s very sad for the folk that live on it.

Totally agreee. It's a disgrace. I hope the Labour council get the trouncing it deserves in the coming elections. But will Labour people be able to bring themselves to vote Tory? What a choice....This could be a very good year for Independent candidates.

One of the things you notice about big cities when you do a bit of travelling around the world.. is that Sheffield proudly has (maybe this is going to be had).. more trees than any other place I have ever been. Cutting them down is nothing short of a tragedy, whatever reason they are being cut down for. The fact that nobody can find out the terms under which they are being cut is nothing short of scandalous.

Richard

This is the product of a city divided, you only have to listen to the comments on Radio Sheffield to appreciate the hatred that is levied at folk in South West Sheffield from residents of other areas. I have never heard the residents of the none existent District of Dore and Totley insulted so much by so many.

Totally agreee. It's a disgrace. I hope the Labour council get the trouncing it deserves in the coming elections. But will Labour people be able to bring themselves to vote Tory? What a choice....This could be a very good year for Independent candidates.

If they vote tory then they're idiots, the party most likely to be able to win after labour is the Liberal Democrats.

Guest makapaka
If they vote tory then they're idiots, the party most likely to be able to win after labour is the Liberal Democrats.

The party with virtually no parliamentary representation.

The party with virtually no parliamentary representation.

Is that somehow relevant?

2016 election,

Labour 44% (of votes), Lib Dem 23.8%, Green 13.7%, Tory 6.1%

Voting Tory as an alternative to labour is a total waste of a vote.

Vote LD or Green, in fact if those two parties actually got their act together and advised votes to vote tactically then they're already close to the labour number.

Of course in our first past the post system labour actually hold (currently) 57 out of 84 seats, 68% of the votes, despite getting 44% of the public vote... Fairly ridiculous.