Blades versus bristol city.

Padders

No he isn’t whinging :hihi:

“It still got knocked back. It’s just a waste of ink.”

“If you can’t put tackles in, the game’s gone and we don’t want that to happen,” Wilder added. “I have to be careful but even one of their lads said the same thing to us afterwards.”

Quite. When the comments are in black and white they sound like they're from Warnock's Big Book of Blame the Ref.

By the way,how many goals has Leon got now?,I've lost count.

We’ll have another count in May.

For the record united were on top at two key stages of the game, at the time of BC’s goal and at the time of Flecks silly challenge, if you don’t capitlise then jump in rashly expect negative results.

Is this a blip or have united been found out, let’s wait and see.

For the record united were on top at two key stages of the game, at the time of BC’s goal and at the time of Flecks silly challenge, if you don’t capitlise then jump in rashly expect negative results.

Probably just a blip at the moment, United were by far the better side up to the sending off.

I don't see how we've been found out, we battered City hit the woodwork 4 times and their keeper made two very good saves. On another night it could have been 4-2 and if it wasn't for the sending off I am certain we would have gone on to win, City couldn't cope with us in the second half until Fleck get sent off.

Some right rubbish posted on here after the game, anyone saying it was not a sending off is still living in the 80's, you simply cannot tackle like that in this day and age and under the refs nose. It is frustrating as the tackle that broke Coutts leg went unpunished and the Wednesday player who tried to cut the Ipswich player in half got away with it too, but it was still a red card all day long.

If we carry on playing like this we will be fine, the task at the beginning of the season was to stay up, I would have been happy with mid table so to be were we are now is still dreamland for me. We don't have the quality throughout the squad when key players are injured and suspended so Fleck's suspension will be problematic. Hopefully the board will back Wilder in January but that remains to be seen.

As for the digs from Wednesday fans, it's fine by me, that's football we remain above you in the table and no matter what you do at Norwich today we will still be above you. This after being told how you'd embarrass us and how the championship is a massive step up etc, we are still exceeding our expectations whilst you continue to flatter to deceive, stumbling and bumbling to defensive boring draws.

It's neither,what it is is reality,the Blades who have been going on about promotion,especially automatic,have been well ahead of themselves and are now going to have to accept that this squad was always only going to take as so far.

I said last season we could do a Barnsley,we could be competetive,and 4th from bottom would be fine,that still stands.To build a team with genuine promotion winning chances will take 2 or 3 seasons,and many players in the current squad will have no place in it.

Time for many Blades to dial back on the promotion hopes,and even the play offs,you can't keep up the pace and intensity of our opening games in this division without genuine quality,and this will need to be brought in and players replaced over a period of time.

While united fans are coming down from the cloud of smugness they’ve all been on they might want to consider the following phrase:

It’s a marathon not a sprint!!!!

You are so right but weather it is a marathon or sprint you have to start when the pistol goes off but some are still at the starting gate.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 13:42 ----------

Played well last night .We were the better team but it was just one of those games.When you hit the post 4 or 5 times in a match and over run teams you just know it is not going to happen.Yet another stunning goal to add to the stunning goals against collection we seem to witness every game .Still it is a great season up to now and as most Blades fans said before the season began half way is more than acceptable.I see Clarke added another to his tally I think I am right in saying that is number14 .This must be his best season for a long long time.Just a pity about the score line but will play only half as good and win matches so nothing to worry about.

Not a great deal wrong with last night apart from the result.I suppose Wilder could have shut up shop when we went down to 10 men and maybe we would have got a draw ,but thats not his style and i think most of the fans appreciate this. I'd rather watch this team play, win or lose than virtually any other Blades team in the last 30 odd years and most other teams in the Championship as well.