Sheffield Wednesday Autograph help.

sheffstats

Yes saw him Gibson, and Leicester team mates Bobby Roberts and Jackie Sinclair (I think all three were Scottish) give the Blades a runaround at the Lane around 1967ish. Derek Dougan and a young Peter Shilton also playing for the Foxes that day.

l really liked to watch "The Doog" play, my type of centre forward, even against my team.

• 6 months later...

Sheffield Wednesday Autograph help

I presume you handed the autograph book in for it to be taken to the changing rooms. Some players do take liberties and sign for other players. This has unfortunately happened in your case. Some signatures are fake, some genuine.

A genuine Gerry Young moniker is this

A genuine David Ford sig is this

A genuine Dave Gibson autograph are these 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Leicester, Exeter, Scotland

The Don Megson autograph is doubtful. Here is one.

A signature not mentioned but in the autograph book is Harry Gregory, Aston Vanilla 1 2 and Charlton 1 2 3. Its genuine.

Johnny Phantom is real

John Hickton is genuine 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Here are some big Ronnie signatures. 1 2 3 4 5 6 and erm 7

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to know for certain it's best to get them verified by a professional. This will increase the resale value with the certification. Members of AFTAL (Autograph Fair Trade Association) will be able to help you, this can sometimes be done just by sending a photograph of the signature. They usually do this for a relatively small fee.

Good luck!