Looking for Drummer and Singer for Blues/Rock band

I'd be up for some drumming! I'm not fantastic yet though - I'm a guitarist really (been playing that for around 4 years), bought myself a kit the other week. Can hold time and it's only upwards from here though... I'd understand if you're looking for someone with a bit more experience, but if you'd fancy a jam some time let me know!

I'd be up for it

a) if I was younger (I'm 37 next month)

b) I had more time (young family must come first); &

c) if I hadn't got rid of my Yamaha kit some years back.

I've played guitar since 1983, written and recorded loads of songs since then, first entering a studio in 1985. I took up drumming seriously in 1985, joining a 60s type group in 1987, going to record with the guys in Driffield in Autumn of that year.

We then shot a video to promote Meadowhall in the summer of 1989 and recorded a single at (what was) Axis Studios in town. My last gig as a drummer was at the Rock Garden, Covent Garden way back in 1993. My last studio session was in 1998.

Since then - and the family - the guitar has come first and I still play the lone-man gig every now and then.

Good luck in your search. We're a wierd species us drummers, y'know.

Hi sunnysingh

so what sort of areas do you like?

We'd be looking to play any sort of 60's/70's classic rock stuff really. Interested in other areas too, but that'd be the major drive.

Cheers,

Tom.

So far finding a drummer has been like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Any ideas where they hang out? Haha.

That's just it: they don't!

Actually, you'll find it's not a question of finding one, it's more a question of keeping one!

I honestly wish I could help out because, like riding a bike, you don't forget how you do it. I note you're posting from Crookes. I live in Lodge Moor so it's not far from you.

Tssk. Best keep on a-hunting then! (Why not try classified section of mags like Total Guitar or Rhythm?)

Archived