Christmas dinner inside prison

I don't know why some of you are getting so worked up about prisoners getting a xmas lunch. If you're banged up separated from your family over what is supposed to be a special period for getting together with them, I'd suspect you'd prefer it to just be a normal day and not be reminded every five minutes that you're missing out on being with them. It sounds more like an additional punishment to me.

I don't know why some of you are getting so worked up about prisoners getting a xmas lunch. If you're banged up separated from your family over what is supposed to be a special period for getting together with them, I'd suspect you'd prefer it to just be a normal day and not be reminded every five minutes that you're missing out on being with them. It sounds more like an additional punishment to me.

Exactly.. that's just what I thought.

Christmas is supposed to be a time of Goodwill to all men, not just some men. Ask yourself; 'What would Jesus do?'

I said 'how many prisoners are Christians?'

Does that make a difference?

How many people who celebrate Christmas are Christians?

and this is your response?!

:confused:

I said 'how many prisoners are Christians?'

and this is your response?!

:confused:

Sorry, but I don't get it. I have no idea how many prisoners are Christians. What difference does it make?

It doesn't say' Goodwill to all men, but only if they are the same religion as you'

For some, Christmas is a religious occasion, for others its just a winter festival, Either way, what's wrong with having a special time of year when we try to be extra kind to each other, no matter what the religion.

Edited by Anna B

Try telling that to idiots who drive lorries into people trying to murder as many as possible :loopy:

Those type of idiots won't celebrate Christmas or wish to participate anyway so the point you make is irrelivent. :rolleyes: