2nd EU Referendum Call by Lib Dems.

As we all know, Monsieur Farage famously stated that:

Strangely enough, he's silent on the matter of unfinished business now.

Nigel Farage didn't make the rules for the EU referendum or has had any authority about the issue. He thought like everyone else that the UK democratic people would vote to Remain in the EU and would have continued campaigning for the UK to Leave the EU, regardless of the margin of a hypothetical Remain victory.

When the dust had all settled on the referendum & the voting trends had been analysed, the fact emerged that of approximately 3.5 million eligible voters aged 18 to 25, only around half a million bothered to actually go out & vote.

The same age group, if you believe all the media outlets that reckon their lives have been ruined?

Many in this age group later claimed to be unaware that a referendum on our EU membership had even taken place. Otherwise they would definitely have voted to Remain. Or so they claim.

Young, intelligent, educated, Pro-EU folk who found the task of exercising their democratic right to vote (on something they supposedly care about) too arduous.

That's not exactly true Jeffrey now is it, no-one said anything about a third

This is about being able to make an 'informed' choice once we know what we're getting.

Ah, but I was assuming that the second one's vote also went against the wishes of the LDP and its mate Mr Blair.

It all goes to show that MPs are woefully out of touch with the Electorate.

https://news.sky.com/story/liberal-democrats-call-for-second-eu-referendum-in-december-2018-11178315

When will the madness end?

We've had a democratic vote, there was a loosing side, has there has to be in all votes.

The Liberal Democrats party were fined £20,000 by the Electoral Commission for failing to declare 307 payments (totalling £184,676) which were found to be missing from the Liberal Democrats 2015 general election spending return.

The Remainer political party was fined again this week for failing to provide acceptable invoices or receipts for 80 payments (with a total value of more than £80,000) which were given to it during the EU referendum campaign.

And now the pro-EU, anti-democratic, Liberal Democrats want to re-run the referendum until they get the result the EU wants. This party has a track record of distorting democracy for its own ends.

No it doesn’t.....

I assume he was being sarcastic...

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 17:49 ----------

I know - a referendum about whether or not we should have a third referendum.

No-one could claim that wouldn't be democratic...

Could they?

The Liberal Democrats party ....

Be careful what you wish for ;)

UK elections watchdog to investigate Vote Leave’s campaign funding:-

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-election-watchdog-investigates-vote-leaves-campaign-funding/

Did Vote Leave commit a crime over its funding?:-

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/22/vote-leave-funding-democracy-electoral-commission

Something tells me you'll be going a bit quiet when that's concluded. :hihi:

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 17:56 ----------

Ah, but I was assuming that the second one's vote also went against the wishes of the LDP and its mate Mr Blair.

Well, you guys were assuming the EU needed us more than we need them, hows that working out......

I think in this case they clearly are in touch. That is after losing touch with their response to the referendum they are starting to get back on track after realising the size of the disaster that could unfold.