Old B & Q Greenland Road Darnall

I

Same goes for currys / PC world why have two stores near each other ? It's the the rates/ store running costs that's eats up the profit !

DC as a group are aiming for three-in-one stores , just in many cases it's cheaper to let the leases run to a break point than to pay their way out ...

the first DC 3 in ones where where DC took on the phones4u concessions in currys/pcworld when phones4u went flop just after DSG and CPW merged ( original plan was for the conessions to run to the end of the leases and then be replaced by CPW branded phone depts as a 3 in one )

then there were stores that we big enough and didn;t have a CPW nearby / lease due to run out imminently on the CPW store ...

Catch the 52, it goes from Hillsborough to Darnal and it is less than a 5 min walk if you get off at the wrong stop. Hardly inconvenient, although it wont be super speedy as it goes via crookes, broomhill and the city centre too.

Otherwise I would bike it. I did Crookes to Meadowhall one Christmas season on a bike. It was alright on the way out, pretty knackering on the way back at 10.30pm in the snow and wind and then up the hill.

Thanks,

It'll have to be the 52, as I don't ride due to a medical reason, my hip joints aren't stable on a cycle.

It looks like it's just less convenient to the location, to the one I'd agreed with the Royal Mail that one x78 stops outside that particular site and as I start on Monday I like to be organised and as such was all set until I received a call this afternoon. I'm not a Sheffield native so don't have a wide knowledge base on places which is why I asked the question.

Thanks to those that answered.

• 1 year later...