Old B & Q Greenland Road Darnall

I was due to start the Xmas casual work at the main Royal Mail sorting centre on Monday but I received a call today telling me, I'd been relocated to the old B&Q site instead.

Looks a bit more of a pain to get to via public transport than the other site, I can't say I'm happy about the late change of location but I'm willing see how it goes before deciding if it's to inconvenient.

Anyone know the best Public transport route to get to the old B&Q site from Hillsborough?

I was due to start the Xmas casual work at the main Royal Mail sorting centre on Monday but I received a call today telling me, I'd been relocated to the old B&Q site instead.

Looks a bit more of a pain to get to via public transport than the other site, I can't say I'm happy about the late change of location but I'm willing see how it goes before deciding if it's to inconvenient.

Anyone know the best Public transport route to get to the old B&Q site from Hillsborough?

Tram to Meadowhall then a short walk ?

Tram to Meadowhall then a short walk ?

According to AA route finder it's 3.2 miles so not really a short walk, more like an hours walk. possibly tram to Arena/Centertainment then walk up Broughton Lane/Greenland Road.

According to AA route finder it's 3.2 miles so not really a short walk, more like an hours walk. possibly tram to Arena/Centertainment then walk up Broughton Lane/Greenland Road.

Thanks, Google has it at a 29min walk, not something I really fancy, getting wet on a cold winters night isn't the best way to start a shift.

Seems a 52 bus gets within a 5 min walk, I just have to find out when the n52 starts, I've a citywide pass that isn't valid on the N prefix bus routes, due to being too organised I already have my pass sorted for the next month, as I didn't expect the Royal Mail would contact me this close to starting and effectively change everything that had been agreed.

Edited by steve68

Thanks, Google has it at a 29min walk, not something I really don't fancy getting wet on a cold winters night.

Seems a 52 bus gets within a 5 min walk, I just have to find out when the n52 starts, I've a citywide pass that isn't valid on the N prefix bus routes, due to being too organised I already have my pass sorted for the next month, as I didn't expect the Royal Mail would contact me this close to starting and effectively change everything that had been agreed.

It's a 1 mile walk from Centretainment tram stop

Hardly a difficult commute from Hillsborough to Darnall. You could cycle it in half an hour.

Catch the 52, it goes from Hillsborough to Darnal and it is less than a 5 min walk if you get off at the wrong stop. Hardly inconvenient, although it wont be super speedy as it goes via crookes, broomhill and the city centre too.

Otherwise I would bike it. I did Crookes to Meadowhall one Christmas season on a bike. It was alright on the way out, pretty knackering on the way back at 10.30pm in the snow and wind and then up the hill.