Speed cameras on rivelin valley road

chocki

Does anyone know why covers have been put over the speed cameras on Rivelin Valley Road?

Is it "official" or has some mischief maker been at work.

Can't understand why they are not in use

Probably wasnt making enough income .

---------- Post added 22-12-2017 at 20:52 ----------

But they are "safety" cameras, surely you can't put a price on safety! I hope you are not suggesting that these devices are for revenue raising - that is a non-government approved opinion.

I would suggest such and underhand ,dirty tactic

Of course they are .

---------- Post added 22-12-2017 at 20:52 ----------

Not sure about the covers... but always be careful for the speed van near the fire station! Seems to be a regular thing lately.

They have to pay for the christmas booze up somehow.

I live just past these cameras and have never seen them work, I was also told that speed cameras have to be placed on roads that have street lighting, not for the cameras to work ,but for drivers to see the signs and the camera, as there is no street lighting a fine would not be enforceable by law, this may not be true though.

I live just past these cameras and have never seen them work, I was also told that speed cameras have to be placed on roads that have street lighting, not for the cameras to work ,but for drivers to see the signs and the camera, as there is no street lighting a fine would not be enforceable by law, this may not be true though.

this isn't the case.

the ones on penistone road have been replaced recently, Prince of Wales road are also due to be replaced.

likey the same on rivelin valley road.