Meghan Markle's Dress And Its Cost.

So the Royal Dress cost 56K. The dress was not paid for by the masses we are told, but was purchased by their own brass. So that's ok then.

What makes me laugh a little is that anyone would pay someone 56k for a bit of material and a few hours sowing. I think it may be hard for some folk who have very little to see a future Royal wondering around with loins girded with such an expensive bit of cloth.

As was said on TV today, a 5k one would have been easier to digest, and even that is classed as expensive.

Angel1.

So the Royal Dress cost 56K. The dress was not paid for by the masses we are told, but was purchased by their own brass. So that's ok then.

What makes me laugh a little is that anyone would pay someone 56k for a bit of material and a few hours sowing. I think it may be hard for some folk who have very little to see a future Royal wondering around with loins girded with such an expensive bit of cloth.

As was said on TV today, a 5k one would have been easier to digest, and even that is classed as expensive.

Angel1.

It's her money, she can spend it on whatever she wants surely?

It's her money, she can spend it on whatever she wants surely?

keep this between you and I, but despite Angel’s public declarations love for Sir Nige’ and his hatred for the EU, deep down, Angel is secretly a communist.

Keep that between the two of us, yes ?

For someone who's apparently been hyper-concerned with public perception, both as an actress and as an Instagram-friendly Gwyneth Paltrow-like lifestyle guru and humanitarian, this is absolutely tone deaf. And quite amusing in a 2017 sort of way.

Perhaps they'll realise the optics are drifting from #AwwwSoSweet to #GetThat MoneyGirl and put the dress up for auction to benefit abandoned donkeys or something.

I think Harry's a dim bulb, but she seems fairly smart, savvy and likeable, so the $75K dress misstep is a bit surprising. It's quite refreshing, though, to see a bit of cheesy, fluffy Instagram nonsense in official Royal photos.

Having been wedding (and prom) dress shopping with various friends and family members, it's the rare, obscenely expensive dress that impresses me. Most can't justify the outrageous price tag.

I still can't believe Prince Harry is actually going through with this, he must really love her.

That said, I think she will make a good "princess." Her ambition has taken her this far, no way she's going to screw it up. She will toe the line and play the part.

P.S. taxman, I love your avatar! That's my favorite version of A Christmas Carol.

According to the papers (so it must be right....) she will probably not have paid anything like £50,000, as designers will be falling over themselves to get the publicity of her wearing their clothes, and let her have it for nothing or at least, a lot less.

That said, £50 grand is ridiculous for a dress in a world where people are starving etc etc etc. And I thought it was a pretty unattractive creation anyway.