Meghan Markle's Dress And Its Cost.

Google is our friend.

"Harry was left £6.5 million in Diana’s will after she died in a car crash in 1997.

The inheritance was invested and it’s estimated that Prince Harry would have ended up with roughly £10.7 million on his birthday in September 2014, which would have been about $A19.13 million at the time.

Danny Cox, head of financial planning at Hargreaves Lansdown, told AP in 2014 that if Prince Harry continued to invest his inheritance properly he could make about $A425,500 per year after tax."

So Harry may have bought the dress out of his hard earned dosh.

Angel1.

QUOTE=Jomie;11778839]I agree. She obviously loves being the centre of attention and in that sense reminds me of Fergie, not Wallis Simpson. As for the dress, it’s her money and she can do what she wants with it. However, it’s a bit rich spending that much money then toddling around doing charity work, which is chiefly for the purpose of getting ordinary folk to part with theirs!

The test of these royals is, would you turn out to see them or would you not waste your shoe leather?

Couldn't agree more. Same is true of all these mega rich pop stars etc who keep popping up wanting your cash for various causes.

Maybe they shouldn't bother at all then. See how much publicity the charities get then.

Whether we like it or not. Celebrity and Royalty has a value. Its a commodity and a very signfiicnat one which a charity can get absolutely free. Most of them would kill for that sort of offer and that's exactly what they do.

---------- Post added 23-12-2017 at 16:28 ----------

56k wonder if a thought like lets get a dress from Primark and give the 56k to the Sally Army instead idea came into their heads. Obviously not because its only Xmas and people are homeless and hungry. God I love the Royals.:gag:

We could all do that though. Why dont you have a pop at the wider population.

I mean what about all those who spend their money in Waitrose, House of Fraser or Sainsburys rather than Aldi and Poundland. What vile beasts!! Just think all those obscence amounts of money could have been donated to worthy causes..... right??

What about all those sickening people who go abroad, I MEAN actually go abroad on a plane and everything just to go on holiday. Scumbags! Why cant they all just lie in a pool in the back garden and give all those hundreds or thousands of pounds to starving africans instead.... right??

Come to think of it, the worst of all, what about those people who spent £8k, £10k, £12k on a car. I mean how elitist is that. Those disgraceful people sitting in their own personal vehicle driving past in their protective bubble ignoring their fellow men waiting for the bus. Should be strung up. I mean, dont those out of touch lot realise what a homeless charity or mental health service could do with that sort of money!

I mean that's the issue here isnt it??? Its all relative right???

No...?

Oh sorry, I forgot that on SF there is this cloud of reverse snobbery where only those over a certain income bracket must be attacked and criticised for spending their own money how the hell they want to.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Maybe they shouldn't bother at all then. See how much publicity the charities get then.

Whether we like it or not. Celebrity and Royalty has a value. Its a commodity and a very signfiicnat one which a charity can get absolutely free. Most of them would kill for that sort of offer and that's exactly what they do.

---------- Post added 23-12-2017 at 16:28 ----------

We could all do that though. Why dont you have a pop at the wider population.

I mean what about all those who spend their money in Waitrose, House of Fraser or Sainsburys rather than Aldi and Poundland. What vile beasts!! Just think all those obscence amounts of money could have been donated to worthy causes..... right??

What about all those sickening people who go abroad, I MEAN actually go abroad on a plane and everything just to go on holiday. Scumbags! Why cant they all just lie in a pool in the back garden and give all those hundreds or thousands of pounds to starving africans instead.... right??

Come to think of it, the worst of all, what about those people who spent £8k, £10k, £12k on a car. I mean how elitist is that. Those disgraceful people sitting in their own personal vehicle driving past in their protective bubble ignoring their fellow men waiting for the bus. Should be strung up. I mean, dont those out of touch lot realise what a homeless charity or mental health service could do with that sort of money!

I mean that's the issue here isnt it??? Its all relative right???

No...?

Oh sorry, I forgot that on SF there is this cloud of reverse snobbery where only those over a certain income bracket must be attacked and criticised for spending their own money how the hell they want to.

Thanks ECCOnoob - exactly my thoughts, but expressed much clearer than I could manage. Pity we don't have a 'like' button on SF ;)

If in the future Megan decides to sell her dresses at auction for charity I bet they go for a lot more than what she paid for them.

Diana sold some of her dresses and I think Kate Middleton did

and the money was donated to charity.

I think Megan will do the same, but we will just have to wait and see.

---------- Post added 23-12-2017 at 19:15 ----------

Now that’s where you’re wrong.

Mad Lizzie the Lizard Queen bumped off Princess Di.

Even I didn’t go that far.

Nice to know how far you will go and I feel more reassured. I bet your just a pussy cat deep down you old softy.

So I’m going to wish you happy Christmas and have a lovely new year, mind you I dread to think what your new year resolutions are. Just a Joke.

We can discuss Megan’s dresses in the in the new year.

XXX