Racist blackamoor broach.

I am ;)

In the same post I stated that if there were any racist connotations to the jewelry its best to avoid wearing it just in case. That’s just common sense, and anybody who can’t apply that simple logic is stupid. You are arguing that she only apologised to appease the PC brigade....

In subsequent posts I’ve tried to rationalise why she did it, and gave her some benefit of the doubt.

But why should she see it as a mistake ?, as you said

" to some " Says it all . And please , a black person will do . Why black heritage ?

If some are offended then err on the side of caution.

She is a person of black heritage. One white parent. One black parent. If you read what she says about that she has struggled identifying strongly with either. So I was being respectful of that.

It might not have been a mistake. She could have done it deliberately, to express her disapproval of the engagement. She does have form in this area

Why should she disapprove of the engagement? In any case the broach was on her coat, which she most likely removed after arriving at Buckingham Palace.

---------- Post added 24-12-2017 at 08:15 ----------

Because the jewelry - to some - has racist connotations it is best to avoid wearing it when meeting a person of black heritage. Common sense.

It is so simple.

Most likely she just thought the broach, which she has worn before looked nice on her coat. A shame if she likes the broach and doesn't wear it again because of the publicity.

Why should she disapprove of the engagement? In any case the broach was on her coat, which she most likely removed after arriving at Buckingham Palace.

---------- Post added 24-12-2017 at 08:15 ----------

Most likely she just thought the broach, which she has worn before looked nice on her coat. A shame if she likes the broach and doesn't wear it again because of the publicity.

Yeah, such a shame that this massively wealthy white woman can't wear a symbol of racial oppression. My heart bleeds for the poor love.

It is only a symbol of racial oppression to some. Others see a piece of blackamoor as nothing more than a piece of decorative art work.

Some people are offended so err on the side of caution, especially so in the context of the event she was attending. Not everybody is offended by Nazi symbols but would you walk round Town wearing them?

You know, I get it that people think political correctness has gone too far but what I’m not getting is why people think they need to battle against every instance of it.

In this case a terrible mistake was made. It’s so simple and clear. The anti-PC brigade lost the argument as soon as the princess apologised for her mistake.