Psalter lane art college - the end

I was there a couple of years ago and have many friends who still attend.

I have say that although the building itself is ideal for studios it sadly lacks in resources and has suffered because of this fact.

Being out of the way also allows the uni to foget about it and is proberly why it so under funded.

Maybe a change of address would change this.

• 3 months later...

I was in the 2nd load of HADAF students 1977-80 and remember Fred, Ed, etc - had totally forgotten about them! I will always remember Theo, Gerry and Rosemary. I never quite made it to Friday lectures ever which meant resits in September... used to fall asleep in some of the film lectures because it was all so dark and cosy. Wasn't it supposed to be haunted? Remember the Wed night discos, always played spirit in the sky. Tiny bar.

I'm doing Film and Media Production and I have to say I love being based up at Psalter and think it'll be a real shame when such creative courses are moved to city campus. What the campus lacks in spanking new facilities etc, more than makes up for with the creative environment students have enjoyed for years. I hate it anytime I have to go to the Adsetts etc..so souless! ;)

Wow Rose - a novel!. I can't imagine how much effort must go into a project like that. Fingers crossed you get a publishing deal so we can all have a read!. What's the name of your book?.

Its interesting to hear Nick Parkes studied in Sheff - I didn't know that. I'd like to work in some area related to children's illustration and Aardman's stuff is often quite inspiring. My kids love Wallace and Gromit.

sorry, only just noticed your answer on this thread chrisp, as someone came over to my blog from it earlier on!

yeah i love wallace and gromit and so do my kids :) if you really want to work in children's illustration then start googling cause there's a huge amount of information out there :)

the book is called STARBIRTH and is set in sheffield, in nether green, woodseats, the peak district and cyberspace. theres a bit about it on my main blog - i'm in the process of querying agents now; i've been printing off sample chapters all day to send off! i'm a quarter of the way through the sequel, too (also set in sheff and cyberspace.) i'm going to write something for active 8 mag about it soon!

I can't imagine how much effort must go into a project like that.

loads. to the point where you go a bit :loopy::hihi: :hihi:

I'm doing Film and Media Production and I have to say I love being based up at Psalter and think it'll be a real shame when such creative courses are moved to city campus. What the campus lacks in spanking new facilities etc, more than makes up for with the creative environment students have enjoyed for years. I hate it anytime I have to go to the Adsetts etc..so souless! ;)

I agree. When I started at Sheffield I started at the main poly (on a boring business course... yawn...). When I switched courses I felt P Lane was a bit out in the sticks, but boy did it have personality! We used to feel positively superior to the plebs at Pond Street! What a shame if it goes...

:cry:

I was on the foundation course in 1980-81 and studied again for the HADAF course in the early 90's. Who were your tutors?. Did you come across Ed Mayer, Graham Bevan, Theo Cowdell and the like?. It all seems like such a long time ago now - but then I guess it is!!. .

hey I was on Foundation in art and design from september 80 to around April 81...I left at the end of the 2nd term as ran out of money!!!! I recall all those names.......do you have any pix of the old 80/81 group as I would love to see or chat to some of you lot again.....if you remember me?:thumbsup:

hey I was on Foundation in art and design from september 80 to around April 81...I left at the end of the 2nd term as ran out of money!!!! I recall all those names.......do you have any pix of the old 80/81 group as I would love to see or chat to some of you lot again.....if you remember me?:thumbsup:
Er let me see.....goldenfleece......I don't remember that name. :suspect:

Which room were you based in.. I was in Dick's room.