SUPERNATURAL QUESTIONS  

18 members have voted

1. 1. SUPERNATURAL QUESTIONS

• I have seen a elf or similar creature
    • I have seen a ghost
    • I havent seen anything but felt odd atmospheres
    • Supernatural is a load of crap

SPOOOOKKKYYY

I have been living in Herdings for just over a year now and I have started doing research on the local history of the area. More recently I have been researching on the supernatural events that have taken place.

I know of the 'Drummer Boy' and supposed sightings of elfs and pixies around Leighton Drive from the ancient woodlands (or whats left of them, near the supertram route) and how people have witnessed them in the houses at night siting on wardrobes and such like.

I really would like your help if anyone knows any similar tales, it doesnt matter how odd they sound, please inform me. I appreciate any help with this.

WM

• 1 year later...

I lived with my auntie for a few years (she still lives there) on the other side of the woods. Me and a friend would often sit on the front step and around 10:00pm till about 11:30pm there would be a light that moved around the flats, looked like a star but wasn't and that was quite freaky.

Wierd stuff often used to go on in the woods, there is a walkway from where I used to live and lead up to herdings, we would often use that walk way and at night, never felt right in there and one time after being at meadowhall me and same friend were walking through, it was dark and I swear something grabbed my arm, she was on my other side and I jumped and screamed and she shouted "me leg, what was that???" so we ran like hell through them woods to get home, felt like something followed us all the way, would often be strange little lights in there and strange noises, we just used to pass it off as we often needed to use it for the short cut.

I have seen a elf or similar creature

Er - that's a joke, right? Please tell me you don't believe in pixies and elves. That'd be so open minded as to have your brains spilling onto the pavement. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WintersMist

SPOOOOKKKYYY

I have been living in Herdings for just over a year now and I have started doing research on the local history of the area. More recently I have been researching on the supernatural events that have taken place.

I know of the 'Drummer Boy' and supposed sightings of elfs and pixies around Leighton Drive from the ancient woodlands (or whats left of them, near the supertram route) and how people have witnessed them in the houses at night siting on wardrobes and such like.

I really would like your help if anyone knows any similar tales, it doesnt matter how odd they sound, please inform me. I appreciate any help with this.

WM

The Pixies and Elves mentioned came about because a little girl who lived up there in the late fifties when the Estate was built, would tell her Mum that she had these little friends and would put milk out for them, her parents thought that she was just going through a phase but she carried on seeing her little friends so her parents decided that the only way to snap her out of it was to up sticks and move which they did -- to Lincoln she didnt see them anymore but when the little girl grew up and married she had a little girl and when she reached the same age as her Mum was when she saw the little people, she started to tell her Mum that she had some little friends in the garden and would she leave some milk out for them and would she tell her Mum hello again.

This is all perfectly true as to whether the Elves, Pixes or Fairys exsisted that cannot be proved.

Archived