Unbelievably stupid people and 999..

Do you take your passport with you everywhere you go? No-one does, so again, how is this going to work without mandatory ID holding. Your plan is ridiculous, impractical and doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. Moreover it goes against the entire ethos of the NHS. You're trying to conflate health tourism, which in real terms is a small issue, with the misuse of A&E by largely British people. The problem is one of underfunding of education, hospitals and mental health provision.

I have a hospital number issued by the RHH in the 1970s that is proof enough that I am entitled to NHS treatment , i would imagine most residents have some sort of id number.

I have a hospital number issued by the RHH in the 1970s that is proof enough that I am entitled to NHS treatment , i would imagine most residents have some sort of id number.

Did you have to show your passport before you were issued with the RHH reference number?

Did you have to show your passport before you were issued with the RHH reference number?

In the 1960s the NHS operated an almost walk in and be seen A&E service,no four hour waits ,i didn't have a passport along with 90% of other working class people and the current situation regarding immigrants didn't exist.If asked I could have shown my Army i.d card.

My last visit to the NGH I was seen by one Asian girl working the machine with water tubes and video camera feeds, an afrocaribean girl talking/reassuring me all the time I was on the table and a white doctor actually pushing the camera up my lower intestine. Although not exactly pain free I was treated with dignity as I always have been in the past, they gave the impression of a well oiled, no pun intended, team of professionals full marks for a difficult job well done.

My last visit to the NGH I was seen by one Asian girl working the machine with water tubes and video camera feeds, an afrocaribean girl talking/reassuring me all the time I was on the table and a white doctor actually pushing the camera up my lower intestine. Although not exactly pain free I was treated with dignity as I always have been in the past, they gave the impression of a well oiled, no pun intended, team of professionals full marks for a difficult job well done.

Your description of "girls" doing their professional job really does depict you as an enlightened person don't you think?

Your description of "girls" doing their professional job really does depict you as an enlightened person don't you think?

don't really get what you are trying to say. they were young women ,girls to me at my age.

So, a young woman with brown skin (may have been born in the Caribbean, or could have African, or could have been born right here in the UK) did her job competently.

A young woman with paler brown skin (may have been born somewhere in Asia, or could have been born right here in the UK) also did her job competently.

A male doctor with pale skin (may have been born here in the UK, or could be from elsewhere in Europe, or Australia, or Canada/US) did his job too.

Apart from making yourself look rather misogynistic and a little bit skin colour orientated, what does that prove? The NHS has thousands of staff, of assorted genders and skin colours, the vast majority of whom work damned hard and have more qualifications than almost everybody recognises.

So, a young woman with brown skin (may have been born in the Caribbean, or could have African, or could have been born right here in the UK) did her job competently.

A young woman with paler brown skin (may have been born somewhere in Asia, or could have been born right here in the UK) also did her job competently.

A male doctor with pale skin (may have been born here in the UK, or could be from elsewhere in Europe, or Australia, or Canada/US) did his job too.

Apart from making yourself look rather misogynistic and a little bit skin colour orientated, what does that prove? The NHS has thousands of staff, of assorted genders and skin colours, the vast majority of whom work damned hard and have more qualifications than almost everybody recognises.

what ever came over was not intended as a misogynistic/racist comment I tried to describe the team as best I could, anyone reading the post would have no trouble in visualizing the team involved.i don't even know what misogynistic means and a cant be bothered to look it up. if you are offended by my post please feel free to delete it .I was responding to post 35