Going to Phuket

Expect some rain in June.

There are numerous websites (tripadvisor for example) that will list the most popular things to do when there.

I'd recommend a trip out to some of the islands, there's phi phi, or james bond island, and many others.

Old Phuket night market is well worth visiting.

Plan to get a cheap thai massage, every day. Seriously, they cost about £5, well worth it.

I'd avoid the shooting range, it's a tourist trap rip off. And the tiger 'sanctuary' has had a lot of bad press about abusing the animals and drugging them.

We went inland for a day trip, seeing some kind of ancient temple carved into the chalk hills, loads of monkeys which steal peanuts if you're not careful, hot springs (which we had nearly to ourselves), a nature reserve where you could swim in the river, and some famous temple complex whose name I've forgotten.

Diving and snorkelling is normally a big thing, but I don't know if these will be running in June. I went diving and it's the most fish I've ever seen.

Phuket was lovely and our hotel very good.We were glad of a rest after three days in hectic Bangkok and then a flight to a lovely place in the hills called, I think, Chiang Mai. We had no complaints about any aspect of the holiday. We did plenty of walking around Phuket

and were fascinated by the number of 'massage parlours!' The beaches were beautiful also. One trip was to the James Bond island and that was amazing. You shouldn't miss it! Another took us to the massive silver Buddha amongst other places of interest. They were building a mono rail system when we were there - three years ago, and I expect it's up and running now! The markets are amazing, especially if you get a trip to a night market. Hundreds of stalls and goods which are very good quality, especially tee shirts and sports wear! You'll enjoy!!!!