Why is there only one metal club in Sheffield?

As far as I know there IS only one decent metal bar and that is the CRB on Eccy Rd. I agree the Casbar is a poor imitation of the mighty Wop. The Sportsman used to be ok but not been in for too long and last time was really poor. The Nelson is yet to prove itself ( hope it goes well ). Metal/Rock will always be the underdog to whatever dross Radio 1 decides to brainwash the masses with and we don't want to fill our decent pubs/clubs with assholes who think a good night out is lager, kebab, electronic rehashed music and a fight. (first two don't sound too bad actually!). Corp should get some adults in not "Sk8r" kids and it'll be ok.

I'll get off my soap box now shall I?

Originally posted by miss_piggy

Why is there only one metal club in Sheffield? And why is there only one metal pub in sheffield?

It needs more. Who agrees? and thinks the same?

Try The Nelson, The Dove and Rainbow (which actually sells tickets for corp which are cheaper than paying on the door- formally the tut n shive), classic rock bar. I go to the Dove a lot, it's cool in there and most people that go there are regulars so everyone knows everyone. The barstaff are cool.

The Nelson is new but catching on well. I go there quite a lot too and have become friendly with the bar staff there.

So, there is more than one metal pub!!

Originally posted by Andy78

To be honest, there's not that many big metal clubs in the country. The only ones I can think of are rock city, rock world, corporation and the Krazy House. I think the corporation is one of the best, along with the krazy house. Then again i'm biased like that.

Well, you've missed out the great clubs in London - Astoria Rock night, electric ball room, wag club, limelight, the dome etc etc. Loads in London!

Originally posted by Foxxx

Well, you've missed out the great clubs in London - Astoria Rock night, electric ball room, wag club, limelight, the dome etc etc. Loads in London!

blimey i used to goto those clubs in the old rave days - the Astoria was one of the first homes of house music over here in the late 80's!

erm daft question but at 'metal clubs' do you all headbang ?!

or i guess you don't pouge

like i said daft question! :loopy:

Yeah sorry, I was intending to say in the north, but I forgot.

Try The Nelson, The Dove and Rainbow (which actually sells tickets for corp which are cheaper than paying on the door- formally the tut n shive), classic rock bar. I go to the Dove a lot, it's cool in there and most people that go there are regulars so everyone knows everyone. The barstaff are cool.

The Nelson is new but catching on well. I go there quite a lot too and have become friendly with the bar staff there.

So, there is more than one metal pub!!

I may just try them out again at some point. Depends who goes there i suppose......

Yeah appently it would seem that there are more metal pubs in sheffield and it looks like i may have to just go out to see what they are like.

Yeah, deffo try the Dove and Rainbow, I'd say that the Sportsman is more rock than metal as is the CRB.

Sheffield (or most cities really) wouldn't be able to support more than one metal club 'cause their surely isn't a big enough market for it.

I'd say that the Casbar is a rock club still - downstairs anyway on a Friday night, it just caters for an older market than the Corporation.

Archived