Just how much do the Government care about our border security?

Should Border Security use volunteers to replace sacked staff?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Border Security use volunteers to replace sacked staff?

• Yes of course if it saves money.
    • No it will compromise security.

Nigel Farage will be the first to volunteer, along with all the other numptys who formed UKIP, that racist rag-bag of a party. Thats if he can sober up for long enough.............hes a bloody awful man.

nah, thats work, hes a stockbroker by "trade", far too much like hard work

Has nobody in this thread ever heard of Special Constables, Retained Firefighters, RNLI, Mountain and Cave Rescue Teams, First Responders, St John Ambulance/Red Cross etc etc ?

Why is there an assumption that 'volunteer' means untrained, ill-equipped and powerless ?

Edit - My apologies to any dedicated and highly trained volunteer organisations I may have missed.

Edited by Broakham

The volunteers will have no power to stop, interrogate or arrest, so I fail to see the point.

The volunteers are going to come from a very obvious demographic.

It’s just populist nonsense.

---------- Post added 31-12-2017 at 22:42 ----------

Has nobody in this thread ever heard of Special Constables, Retained Firefighters, RNLI, Mountain and Cave Rescue Teams, First Responders, St John Ambulance/Red Cross etc etc ?

Why is there an assumption that 'volunteer' means untrained, ill-equipped and powerless ?

Edit - My apologies to any dedicated and highly trained volunteer organisations I may have missed.

Think about the demographic.

I was in the Girl Guides and am trained in first aid.

Get signed up. By the end of 2019 you could be tackling Mr Big as he traffics in a yacht full of class A drugs, or to really get your juices flowing maybe the yacht will be full of..............East Europeans :gag:

Get signed up. By the end of 2019 you could be tackling Mr Big as he traffics in a yacht full of class A drugs, or to really get your juices flowing maybe the yacht will be full of..............East Europeans :gag:

Great, can’t wait!

Unfortunately, given that the coast is a minimum of 2 hours in any direction from our fine city, how will I get there and who pays my travel expenses and any associated living costs?

And if I’m working 2 of more days in a row, do I stay over at the town, or must I return to sheffield each night then travel back to the coast the next morning?

And what about the unemployed people who choose to fulfil this dangerous but important national duty? How will they manage to travel to the coast? Will they still be sanctioned if they’re not immediately available for other work?

Not to worry, I’m sure Theresa Mayhem has thought this through already.

Do you know if I get to carry a gun this time?

Edited by The Joker