Nissan almera keyfob problems

just got Nissan almera sve 2004 starts first time every time.central locking did not work programed keys and central locking worked fine but engine will not start anyone any ideas thank you.

Edited by lyndyloo
re worded

How do you mean "cancel central" locking?

I am not familiar with this nissan but they did share the same nats system as Subaru for a while which could be another source of info, although it does tend to be the other way around.

Normally the central locking on modern cars (usually referred to as "Remote Keyless entry" or "RKE" when googling for info) on activation sets the alarm and cuts power to ignition or injectors and so has to be deactivated to allow the engine to run.

If you try to start the car with the central locking activated (from keyfob) i would have expected the alarm to sound. If a door lock button is pressed inside usually all the doors lock (as you would if driving around a dodgy area) but no immobilization or alarm set.

What was the reason for needing the reset was it flat keyfob battery?

Had a fuse blown that needed replacing? if so the may have been a short circuit some where that left a damaged component.

As the key fob is communicating with the reciever then I find it hard to believe its a software fault.

If you can relearn a keyfob to the nats module without special equipment (many can some can't- needs googling) then a second hand replacement nats module shouldn't cost too much, plug in and reteach your keyfob.

Saying that if it is running ok then i would be tempted to leave it alone especially on such an old vehicle.

Don't expect much help from main dealers anything older than about 8 years tends to be beyond there expertise, the electronics in vehicles changes so often. And they would want a small fortune just to take a look.

If you get it sorted post it, as you will find googling around various forums, you often find the right relevant question but no answer.