Keep away from 'Third World' A & E.

'Keep away from 'Thiird World A & E.'

So says A & E Consultant, Dr. Richard Fawcett of Royal Stoke University Hospital. He goes on 'I personally apologise to the people of Stoke for the Third World conditions of the Department due to overcrowding. It breaks my heart to see so many frail and elderly patients on the corridor for hours and hours...'

A patient complains of spending 18 hours on a trolley waiting for a bed. Some are on floors.

What a disgusting state of affairs. Is it just about lack of funding when the NHS is still paying £16 for a pair of rubber gloves that can be bought anywhere for pennies?

What is happening to this country? Why are we still paying CEOs hundreds of thousands of pounds in salaries (because they were supposed to be the best in the world, remember...?) for presiding over this sort of chaos?

So says A & E Consultant, Dr. Richard Fawcett of Royal Stoke University Hospital. He goes on 'I personally apologise to the people of Stoke for the Third World conditions of the Department due to overcrowding. It breaks my heart to see so many frail and elderly patients on the corridor for hours and hours...'

A patient complains of spending 18 hours on a trolley waiting for a bed. Some are on floors.

What a disgusting state of affairs. Is it just about lack of funding when the NHS is still paying £16 for a pair of rubber gloves that can be bought anywhere for pennies?

What is happening to this country? Why are we still paying CEOs hundreds of thousands of pounds in salaries (because they were supposed to be the best in the world, remember...?) for presiding over this sort of chaos?

i often wonder why our A&E depts are so overcrowded:roll:

I think privatisation would be a leap in the dark, but I don't think they would pay silly money that is being paid currently.

It is very frustrating Anna, and I don't know what the answer is. May be a new health minister with the no nonsense approach like Donald Trump?

All the money what the NHS needs, goes on defence, overseas aid etc. and dare I say it brexit. Scandalous.

I think privatisation would be a leap in the dark, but I don't think they would pay silly money that is being paid currently.

It is very frustrating Anna, and I don't know what the answer is. May be a new health minister with the no nonsense approach like Donald Trump?

Much of the money wasted seems to be coming from areas of the NHS (and other departments that have been outsourced. £700 per week average for an OAP in a residential care home that used to be 'free'? Silly money for drugs that can be bought for much less in Boots? When you lose control you're ripe for exploitation.

And why have so many managers in the NHS, when they simply don't seem able to manage anything?

Much of the money wasted seems to be coming from areas of the NHS (and other departments that have been outsourced. £700 per week average for an OAP in a residential care home that used to be 'free'? Silly money for drugs that can be bought for much less in Boots? When you lose control you're ripe for exploitation.

And why have so many managers in the NHS, when they simply don't seem able to manage anything?

Residential care was never "free".

Residential care was never "free".

That's why I put it in apostrophies.

Maybe I should have spelled it out and said 'free at the point of use.'

After a lifetime of work and paying taxes, they didn't take the life savings off old people for what is often substandard care paid for at minimum wage levels..

But like everything else these days we are expected tp pay up and shut up....