Things to do for a 50th birthday

My brother is 50 very soon, my mum wants to surprise him with a treat. She asked me to look for a track day as she can't think of anything else. He has taken his own car on a track day before so I was trying to think of something else. His car is a Subaru not a Ferrari but at least he got to hurtle round for an hour rather than just one lap.

I suggested a parachute jump but she wasn't too keen on that idea!

Any other suggestions? Can't easily really go away as wife and kids etc so a weekend break might be more trouble than it's worth.

What else can she get him?

I did a glider 'experience' at the great hucklow club for my birthday last year (actually did it in June as the weather was nicer). That was something totally different and much fun. I got the chance to fly the thing for probably 20 mins with the instructor behind me talking me through it.

You can get rally driving and off road experiences too that might be a bit more different.

I got a supercar experience for xmas a couple of years back and it was really good, got to drive 4 different cars.

I've got a glider experience as well actually but not booked it yet :)

I've always wantes to drive an old rear platform double decker bus. I think you can do that close by.

Maybe you should do it! One with an open top:hihi: who knows you might fly off into space!

Edited by AmberLeaf

My best friend has just bought her husband a tank driving experience which is something different and may be something he’d enjoy.

We’ve just bought my husband’s parents a virgin experience which is a five course meal on a steam train and an afternoon/evening ride on the train with stops at a few different places of interest to train enthusiasts.

I guess it’s all down to his likes/dislikes. Hope you find him something he really enjoys.