Driving in the dark

I've been doing a lot of this again, due to job.

I've noticed a couple of things:

1. Whenever a car is in opposite direction and very dazzling lights (almost like full-beam) - it's almost always an Audi. What's with such bright/or high angled beams lights on Audis?!

2. I've noticed a lot of cars now have an extra 'indicator type thing' which at a lot of junctions makes it look like they are 'turning-off', when they aren't. I'm not keen on this, I can't see any point.

1. Whenever a car is in opposite direction and very dazzling lights (almost like full-beam) - it's almost always an Audi. What's with such bright/or high angled beams lights on Audis?!

I was thinking recently that people fit LED lights for are not right for the car?

folks in front of you at traffic lights who keep their foot on the brake pedal bug me. Please use the piggin handbrake and don't dazzle.

Modern electronic braking systems leave them on until the car moves. Not a lot the owners can do about it other than disable the system.

folks in front of you at traffic lights who keep their foot on the brake pedal bug me. Please use the piggin handbrake and don't dazzle.

If you get dazzled by brake lights, you probably need to get your retinas checked out.

Its the footbrake that makes the brake lights come on.

Quite, the point being that it's not the lack of depression on the footbrake that turns them off again if you come to a complete stop in many modern vehicles. The brakes, and thus the lights, only disengage when you begin moving again.

---------- Post added 06-01-2018 at 12:32 ----------

If you get dazzled by brake lights, you probably need to get your retinas checked out.

Yep....................

Edited by Magilla

Quite, the point being that it's not the lack of depression on the footbrake that turns them off again if you come to a complete stop in many modern vehicles. The brakes, and thus the lights, only disengage when you begin moving again.

---------- Post added 06-01-2018 at 12:32 ----------

Yep....................

Never read such nonsense about brake lights staying on without a foot on brake pedal

I've not heard that either??

Usually it's people in auto's with rear lights blazing in traffic.

New generation LED rear lights can be much brighter than traditional bulbs

2. I've noticed a lot of cars now have an extra 'indicator type thing' which at a lot of junctions makes it look like they are 'turning-off', when they aren't. I'm not keen on this, I can't see any point.

Do you mean automatic cornering lights?

I was thinking recently that people fit LED lights for are not right for the car?

No they'll be standard lights, the drivers just set the hight to it's maximum which causes alot of dazzling.

They're not fully dazzling like when someone drives at you with full-beam on, but it's still abit annoying.