Beware - brighthouse.

Did you know that If you buy something off Brighthouse and pay it off early, the warrenty on the goods expires, You are no longer covered. I bought a recon. washing machine off them (cheap) and paid it off within a couple of weeks, the washer died and I'm now told so did the warrenty when I paid it off early.

Damn. If it's any consolation, my 14 month-old machine failed because a slug had crawled across the mainboard and short-circuited it. Cost me £15 a month to get fixed, but included breakdown cover for the full year after the repair.

When it failed again with my D & G cover in place, it took five call-outs, two failed mainboard replacemts (it it doesn't programme once installed, it is useless) and me hassling them for a replacement. It finally arrived after five weeks without a washing machine that washed. At least Currys (where I got my new machine) has a 'fix or replace' deadline of 7, 14 or 21 days, depending on policy), by which time the have to replace the machine if it's not fixed.

I assume that by "warranty", the OP means the cover that was being provided by an insurance element in the HP agreement.

When they paid off the agreement, they were no longer paying any insurance. No cover.

For the goods to have failed within a matter of weeks would suggest that you should have some rights to redress from Brightside, but online searches indicate that you might have an uphill battle.

As others may say, don't touch them with a bargepole.

Do you best to put small savings aside until you can afford a new item from a reputable dealer.

Any warranty provided is in addition to your statutory rights, such as those under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which replaces the Sale of Goods Act and provides that goods must be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Within the first six months of purchase it is for the retailer to prove that the fault wasn’t present at the time of purchase.

Have a look here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act.

I assume that by "warranty", the OP means the cover that was being provided by an insurance element in the HP agreement.

When they paid off the agreement, they were no longer paying any insurance. No cover.

For the goods to have failed within a matter of weeks would suggest that you should have some rights to redress from Brightside, but online searches indicate that you might have an uphill battle.

As others may say, don't touch them with a bargepole.

Do you best to put small savings aside until you can afford a new item from a reputable dealer.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it was the ONLY question I asked when I went in to pay it off - Q Will the warrenty still stand If I pay this off in full now. the answer was - YES.

as mentioned on another thread Im getting the LG F4J8FH2W Washer Dryer from JL as soon as brighthouse tells me def. they wont repair it. (it's under review)

One would have to be very skint or a fool to use Brghthouse - my item was in a sale and cheap - Now i know why - lol

The warranty i.e manufacturers warranty continues - the insurance that they provide ceases as soon as the contract is terminated - it's in the terms and conditions.

Most manufacturer's warranties are non-transferable.

We are talking about second-hand goods.