Mobile phones at work

It isn't a breach of health and safety, it's a breach of either security protocol or, and at the very least, data protection. You can't just take pictures of people and share them publicly - only when they are in a situation where taking pictures is expected (celebration of sorts for example).
so if a person is say not wearing a hard hat when said picture was taken it would be a breach of security? i would have thought a breach of health and safety surely:roll:

It isn't a breach of health and safety, it's a breach of either security protocol or, and at the very least, data protection. You can't just take pictures of people and share them publicly - only when they are in a situation where taking pictures is expected (celebration of sorts for example).

I think ricgem2002 is suggesting the photo showed a breach of health and safety, rather than the act of taking a photo and posting it being a breach of health and safety (though it could be depending upon where the picture was taken and the circumstances).

This a little story about me before mobile phones were even thought of. I was just at my work station and the plant manager, a very stern, humourless individual, came all the way from the 3rd floor of the office building all the way to the top end of the workshop and told me my wife was on the phone. I toddled off back with him to his office and picked up the phone. While the boss was sitting about two feet away, My wife asked me what I wanted for my tea, pork chops or sausages. I glanced at the boss and said to my dear wife, 'OK then, no problem, don't worry about it" then she said "but which do you want?" In a strangely muffled, under my breath type of voice, I uttered something resembling that talking dog from the telly saying, "sausages".:D

Edited by Ontarian1981