Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday 12/01/18

top4718

Sam Hutchinson now confirmed as being not able rise from his deathbed for the derby, just the type of player you need in these games, a big miss.

He might still play, I'm still clinging to the faint hope that Brook's illness is a mind game and he'll be available.

If anybody has an ounce of sense they shouldn't be any way near town after the game !!

Not much point anyway, most of the best pubs have gone LOL

---------- Post added 09-01-2018 at 23:51 ----------

Question from someone who has not seen a Sheffield derby in at least 40 years. How many derbies have been played at night, talking scheduled league games not cup ties or the like? I don't recall any in the old days, at least, I never went to one at night.

Question from someone who has not seen a Sheffield derby in at least 40 years. How many derbies have been played at night, talking scheduled league games not cup ties or the like? I don't recall any in the old days, at least, I never went to one at night.

Sky decides when matches are played these days. The police no longer have a say in it. Friday night? It could be carnage.

Sky decides when matches are played these days. The police no longer have a say in it. Friday night? It could be carnage.

Jim, don't the police have to deal with the street security (not Sky's or the Blades' problem) ? As for carnage, well the Owls might win one or two nowt, hopefully without blood shed or loss of limbs ,either players or supporters.

Jim, don't the police have to deal with the street security (not Sky's or the Blades' problem) ?

Yes they do and charge the home club accordingly. In the past the police have brought kick off times forward to minimise drinking time. It doesn't happen when a game is televised.