What is equality to you?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

A proportion of whom will have been studying 4 a levels perhaps?

And it doesn't consider the not 18 year olds at all.

Statistics can be misleading if you don't actually look at what they say.

I thought someone might know more; those BBC statistics are all we have, until someone has some better ones.

A few years ago there was something on the news about girls getting better A Level grades than boys. It’s because girls worked harder than boys at school. I think the government said it was going to address the problem.

You need A Levels to get into university and if the girls were getting better grades that could be one reason more of them are going to university.

I don’t think the study said it was anything to do with girls being more intelligent, the girls were taking education more serious than the boys.

So, in the workplace, maybe men take their career more seriously and that's why more men make it to the more senior roles...

Women just need to put the work in, is what you're saying?

So, in the workplace, maybe men take their career more seriously and that's why more men make it to the more senior roles...

Women just need to put the work in, is what you're saying?

No it’s not what I’m saying, it was something I read a few years ago, might be outdated now.

Also the report went on to say something similar to what Cyclone said, boys are better at doing a big exam, although girls did better than boys at A Levels, boys tended to do better than girls when it comes to doing a degree, they get better grades.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest makapaka

Has anyone seen Serena Williams interview on equality after the us open final.

She believes the umpire was being sexist and she was being treated unequally when he docked her a game for calling him a “thief” and a “liar”.

Ridiculous.

Sorry Serena but you have just lost a fan ...not a big one but a fan nevertheless.

I was never a fan of McEnroe because of his spoilt child tantrums,now Serena has joined in and is trying to hi-jack her bad behaviour into a womens lib/political argument! Both these players are/were hugely talented and at the top of their game,but berating a referee over a disputed opinion in the manner they both did is disgusting.However I understand that with so much money and ego at stake,these things are bound to happen in sport today!..........shameful red card on both!

Guest makapaka
Sorry Serena but you have just lost a fan ...not a big one but a fan nevertheless.

I was never a fan of McEnroe because of his spoilt child tantrums,now Serena has joined in and is trying to hi-jack her bad behaviour into a womens lib/political argument! Both these players are/were hugely talented and at the top of their game,but berating a referee over a disputed opinion in the manner they both did is disgusting.However I understand that with so much money and ego at stake,these things are bound to happen in sport today!..........shameful red card on both!

Her decision to try and turn it into an issue around feminism and sexism, when it was really about her failure to win a tennis game, is damaging and shines a light on her real personality.