What is equality to you?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

17 minutes ago, danot said:

Why is it completely irrelevant? We're debating equality aren't we? 

Your example wasn't irrelevant. People do discriminate on all sorts of factors.

Trying to ensure equality of opportunity for everybody is the way forward, not some skewed social engineering.

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

What are the wrongs?

Also

Where's the equality?

Discriminating against one person to counteract the discrimination against another. That's two wrongs 

Just now, leviathan13 said:

I want your definition.

Deflection is a clear sign that you don't actually know or understand what it means. You're just a sheep following the hivemind...

Nah, you wouldn't want a sheep/hivemind definition when you could ask Woodview who had to state they believe in equality.

7 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I'll ask again - what is your definition of 'equality'?

I've checked the hivemind and we've come up with 'Equality - the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.'

That seems fair enough, doesn't it?

Something we should aspire to for everyone, especially those minorities who don't appear to have it already.

Edited by SnailyBoy

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I've checked the hivemind and we've come up with 'Equality - the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.'

That seems fair enough, doesn't it?

Something we should aspire to for everyone, especially those minorities who don't appear to have it already.

What about for a white male whose only reason for not getting the job was for being a white male? Is that equality?