What is equality to you?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

5 minutes ago, woodview said:

It's not relevant to the discussion. Its based on false assumptions. Of course its meant to mean white men have been given the £10 all the other collective of undertrodden have been given £5.

It's so riddled with assumption and prejudice it's unbelievable.

The indian daughter of a doctor isnt the one with £5 she's got £10. The white son of a labourer is the one with £5.

Lumping racial or gender groups based on average is ridiculous. You will quickly scream against it if there is a slightest hint of it in stop and search.

Treating all people equally is what equality is about. Nothing else.

Wow, there are no assumptions, at no point does it mention race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, religious belief.

It's a simple question, why can't you answer it?

Here it is again

The majority group has been given £10

The minority group has been given £5

The minority group is given an additional £5 to make things equal with the majority group.

How is that an advantage for the minority group and discrimination against the majority group?

Edited by SnailyBoy

5 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Wow, there are no assumptions, at no point does it mention race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age.

Here it is again

The minority group is given an additional £5 to make things equal with the majority group.

How is that an advantage for the minority group and discrimination against the majority group?

It is obvious what it is aiming at. I know you think you are clever but it is a completely childish, transparent, irrelevant example.

You have also refusesd to answer my very specific example, because it clearly shows the stupidity and naive racism of the policy.

7 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Wow, there are no assumptions, at no point does it mention race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, religious belief.

Here it is again

Why were people given different amounts initially?

Guest makapaka
Just now, woodview said:

It is obvious what it is aiming at. I know you think you are clever but it is a completely childish, transparent, irrelevant example.

You have also refusesd to answer my very specific example, because it clearly shows the stupidity and naive racism of the policy.

No - he’s highlighting that it isn’t discriminatory-youve assumed it relates to white people being unfairly treated. 

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

Still can't answer it honestly though, can you?

Just now, makapaka said:

No - he’s highlighting that it isn’t discriminatory-youve assumed it relates to white people being unfairly treated. 

Positive action is predominantly based on reducing the disproportionate number of white males in lots of roles. Not such a whacky assumption in a discussion obout positive action really is it.

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Why were people given different amounts initially?

They just were.

Come on it's pretty simple.

Edited by SnailyBoy

1 minute ago, SnailyBoy said:

Still can't answer it honestly though, can you?

In your irrelevant example, with a free supply of fivers, and people who were originally gifted £5 or £10, it makes no difference.

So, now you've satisfied that, can you answer my example?

Just now, woodview said:

In your irrelevant example, with a free supply of fivers, and people who were originally gifted £5 or £10, it makes no difference.

So, now you've satisfied that, can you answer my example?

Oh dear, you're really struggling aren't you?

Come on try again

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Oh dear, you're really struggling aren't you?

Come on try again

Oh dear you are struggling reading. I clearly said it makes no difference, based on your meaningless assumptions. 

So answe mine now please.