What is equality to you?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Just now, danot said:

Would it be fair to employ the privileged white man? Not my term by the way. I'm just quoting others.

I've no idea.

I'm guessing this is some scenario in your head.

Just have a look at

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/85046/positive-action-recruitment.pdf

You should find all you're looking for in there.

27 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Heard it all before.

It's still nonsense and pretty tiring now.

It's the moralizing, self righteous 'white male savour' attitude towards the so-called  "disadvantaged" that's at risk of becoming tiring nonsense.   

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, danot said:

It's the moralizing, self righteous 'white male savour' attitude towards the so-called  "disadvantaged" that's at risk of becoming tiring nonsense.   

No ones moralising or bring self righteous.

no one can adequately explain why positive action is  discrimination.

other than say it prejudices a white person over a black person seemingly - bizarre.

12 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I've no idea.

I'm guessing this is some scenario in your head.

Just have a look at

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/85046/positive-action-recruitment.pdf

You should find all you're looking for in there.

Every scenario so far has been in our heads.  You've no idea who should be employed? Okay, I'll ask you this. Should not having any white employees give either candidate an advantage over the other or influence the boss's decision in any way?

10 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No ones moralising or bring self righteous.

no one can adequately explain why positive action is discrimination. 

other than say it prejudices a white person over a black person seemingly - bizarre.

Yet you're able to explain why discrimination is discriminatory.