£100 million bonus for Persimmon boss.

Yes, im sure all those homeowners who plunge into negative equity and cannot pay off the mortgages will be brilliant for the economy. Moron.

You certainly live up to your username.

No need for the insults, really.

It is very well documented that an increase in house buying is a strong stimulant for an economy.

It is also a well established principle of economics that demand will increase as prices fall.

So, if prices crash, some of those who are currently frozen out of the market will be able to buy. IKEA will boom and our economy will prosper.

The losers will be people like me, who own their own homes outright, and those who are over-exposed to property investment. I'm not sure that either group are worthy of any tears.

The main ones who would be trembling are buy to let landlords,they would be the biggest losers.Most homeowners including me bought an house as a place to live in and not as an investment.A housing crash would give more people the chance to own their own home and would also lead to higher interest rates helping savers to make some money.House prices are artificially high and the interest rate is artificially too low.Only my opinion before all the buy to let landlords on here tear into me.

---------- Post added 08-01-2018 at 20:16 ----------

No need for the insults, really.

It is very well documented that an increase in house buying is a strong stimulant for an economy.

It is also a well established principle of economics that demand will increase as prices fall.

So, if prices crash, some of those who are currently frozen out of the market will be able to buy. IKEA will boom and our economy will prosper.

The losers will be people like me, who own their own homes outright, and those who are over-exposed to property investment. I'm not sure that either group are worthy of any tears.

I agree with you and all the insults are the mainstay of this forum unfortunately,usually from the same suspects all the time.Ive had a fair few insults thrown at me and have only bit once up to now.:hihi:

Edited by area 51

I agree with you and all the insults are the mainstay of this forum unfortunately,usually from the same suspects all the time.Ive had a fair few insults thrown at me and have only bit once up to now.:hihi:

Its OK, I can handle myself. Anyone who calls someone a moron, clearly has a few self-esteem issues that they need to work through.

The problem with this property market thing is that most people with power are heavily invested into it. I'm in that situation, with a very nice house fully paid for.

It does take quite a bit to disentangle yourself from the immediate downside of a property crash, to see the possible upside. Ask any hard-working 27 year old, they might tell you differently.

It really is time that successive Governments stopped rigging the housing market and let nature take its course. It is funny how many free-marketeers become protectionists when they stand to lose a few grand off the price of their semi.

Its OK, I can handle myself. Anyone who calls someone a moron, clearly has a few self-esteem issues that they need to work through.

The problem with this property market thing is that most people with power are heavily invested into it. I'm in that situation, with a very nice house fully paid for.

It does take quite a bit to disentangle yourself from the immediate downside of a property crash, to see the possible upside. Ask any hard-working 27 year old, they might tell you differently.

It really is time that successive Governments stopped rigging the housing market and let nature take its course. It is funny how many free-marketeers become protectionists when they stand to lose a few grand off the price of their semi.

Exactly,my house is paid for but it is worth far more than i paid for it now but i wasn't buying it to make money,its my home.Its ok some people saying lets build more houses but they are then bought up by buy to let groups of investors and also a lot of these new homes are leasehold with the freeholds going to some unscrupulous business who then proceeds to rip off said leaseholders.Your usual capitalist unfeeling hardcase will applaud them as great business people,thats not what i think of them.:hihi:

A quick google tells us that the bonus is between £110,000,000 and £132,000,000. With an alleged £20,000,000 more next year.

No one has the capability of "earning" that kind of brass, I simply find it obscene.

Jelous, no, at 67 with a cream crackered body the brass would be of little use to me personaly.

Angel1.

I think it was the case that when "Help to Buy" was announced Persimmon's share price went through the roof in anticipation of lots of Govt subsidy hence the resultant bonus.

An unanticipated consequence of the Govt announcement perhaps, but also a massive indictment of Capitalism, the housing market and the absolute and unfettered hatred the Tories have of Social Housing. Instead of "Buy to Let" they could have just allowed the building of more council houses.

The tories are making me seriously consider voting Labour again even though i said i would never vote for them again.I may be willing to let my reservations about them go to stop the march of the rich getting richer.Im not jealous i am quite happy with what i have got in life i just do not agree with making profit out of the people who are most in need,which is what buy to lets do.I need to be able to sleep at night.

The tories are making me seriously consider voting Labour again even though i said i would never vote for them again.I may be willing to let my reservations about them go to stop the march of the rich getting richer.Im not jealous i am quite happy with what i have got in life i just do not agree with making profit out of the people who are most in need,which is what buy to lets do.I need to be able to sleep at night.

I too vowed never to vote Labour again thanks to the machinations of one Tony Blair. However this Tory government has allowed situations such as this to arise once too often, and show such a distinct disregard for doing anything about it, that they just have to go. And the sooner the better.

If you're stupid enough to buy leasehold then whose fault is that?

Why should you have a say on how much people should be paid? Especially for a non-government organisation?

People are paid what they are worth. Bottom line is, you have no idea how much anyone should be paid in a range of professions. Jealous envy comes to mind.

Don't be to quick to judge others by your own standards.