£100 million bonus for Persimmon boss.

£100,000,000 Bonus for the boss of Persimmon the building company.

Apparently it's the government's taxpayer funded 'Help to Buy' scheme that's boosted their profits, hence the bonus for the CEO. However the houses are being sold leasehold and the freehold has been sold off to investors to profit from..

Now I've nothing against 'help to buy' if it works, but £100 million bonus for anyone seems excessive to me, especially when partially funded by taxpayers. What do you think. Is it acceptable in times of austerity? And what's going to happen to the freehold in the hands of profiteers. Is this going to be the next PFI scandal?

Duh fat cats just get fatter.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 01:18 ----------

Please do some research of your own on Jeremy Corbyn. Look into his background and see his Wikipedia entry etc. Also go and see him if you get the chance. He's impressive. Or listen to some of his speeches or interviews on the internet. I don't trust anything I see written or reported about him as it's usually been distorted to suit a particular agenda, (mainly anti-Corbyn.) He's not at all as he is portrayed by a hostile (Tory run) media. He's shrewd but has always been his own man.

He only stood for office because he was disillusioned with the Blairite semi- Tory Labour party of Tony Blair, and felt the working class electorate no longer had anyone to represent them, so he stepped forward. He has integrity, honesty, experience and really is the genuine article. I think he deserves a chance.

Be nice if he had, had a job first, but i can't find anything that makes him akin to any working class person.

Edited by phil752

Duh fat cats just get fatter.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 01:18 ----------

Be nice if he had, had a job first, but i can't find anything that makes him akin to any working class person.

He did 2 years VSO overseas as a youth worker and geography teacher, (his mother was a maths teacher, father an electrical engineer,) worked briefly as a journalist, then spent 3 years working as a trade union organiser, before being appointed a member of a district health authority. In 1974 he was elected member of Haringay council, then in 1983 became MP for Islinton North, which he has held in every election since.

He lives a simple, fairly frugle lifestyle, with his Mexican wife, Laura Alvarez, in a terraced house, North London. He has spent his life working on behalf of the ordinary working man.

He did 2 years VSO overseas as a youth worker and geography teacher, (his mother was a maths teacher, father an electrical engineer,) worked briefly as a journalist, then spent 3 years working as a trade union organiser, before being appointed a member of a district health authority. In 1974 he was elected member of Haringay council, then in 1983 became MP for Islinton North, which he has held in every election since.

He lives a simple, fairly frugle lifestyle, with his Mexican wife, Laura Alvarez, in a terraced house, North London. He has spent his life working on behalf of the ordinary working man.

It is a terraced house but it is still worth between 600,000 to 700,000,he's not exactly slumming it,but i agree he is nearer to the working class than the others.