H&M racist advert

Nothing wrong with it at all. The only 'racist' thing about it is the people getting upset as they are the ones associating the black boy with being a monkey. Us normals dont see a problem.

Spot on.

It says more about the complainers and their prejudices.

Another storm in a teacup created by a group of white nobodies looking to be accepted a group, any group, self appointed mouthpieces of the ethnic minorities.

Not in this case.

From the article linked by the OP "The Weeknd has severed ties with H&M, with the singer saying he was "deeply offended" by an advert for a children's hoodie.

The Canadian singer, who has a clothing line with the retailer, said he was "shocked and embarrassed" after the company posted an ad of a black child in a sweatshirt with the words "coolest monkey in the jungle" on the front."

You can argue the toss whether he is right or wrong in his viewpoint but he isn't the standard bunch of white hand wringing lefties.

Guest makapaka
Spot on.

It says more about the complainers and their prejudices.

I have to agree to be honest.

Who is associating black children with monkeys? Certainly not me.

I just wondered what people's opinions were about the latest H&M advert which features a young black boy in a jumper with the logo 'coolest monkey in the jungle'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the-weeknd-cuts-ties-with-handm-over-racist-advert/ar-BBI8LNQ?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

I was stunned at the cack handedness of the of the ad. The marketing people must have known how this would be interpreted, especially so soon after the Dove ad debacle of a few months ago.

I don't know whether the marketing people knew this would cause controversy, therefore bring attention to their brand (on the basis of all publicity is good publicity), though as the link above shows, many such as Weekend have disowned the brand; or whether the people making these ads assumed that Britain, 2018, is post racist.

H&M have since withdrawn the ad.

has the link changed, otherwise don't get it?

Not in this case.

From the article linked by the OP "The Weeknd has severed ties with H&M, with the singer saying he was "deeply offended" by an advert for a children's hoodie.

The Canadian singer, who has a clothing line with the retailer, said he was "shocked and embarrassed" after the company posted an ad of a black child in a sweatshirt with the words "coolest monkey in the jungle" on the front."

You can argue the toss whether he is right or wrong in his viewpoint but he isn't the standard bunch of white hand wringing lefties.

who??? another snowflake nobody:roll: