H&M racist advert

I'm a whitey, and though I don't know directly how every black person feels about this, it's not hard to imagine.

The kid in the ad may not care or know better, his mother apparently was not offended, of course if such a thing is virtue signalled enough then the sheeple will take offence to it.

I'm white, I don't use the term whitey, I'm not offended by the term, but if we can persuade the masses to see it as an offensive term then you become a racist for using it ;)

The kid in the ad may not care or know better, his mother apparently was not offended, of course if such a thing is virtue signalled enough then the sheeple will take offence to it.

I'm white, I don't use the term whitey, I'm not offended by the term, but if we can persuade the masses to see it as an offensive term then you become a racist for using it ;)

So by that comment, i assume that you think the people who were offended by the advert.......were not really offended. they just wanted to jump on the band wagon, that is why casual racism still flourishes

Edited by banjodeano

So by that comment, i assume that you think the people who were offended by the advert.......were not really offended. they just wanted to jump on the band wagon, that is why casual racism still flourishes

I believe a lot of people now (particularly on social media) sheepishly jump on any self righteous bandwagon yes, some of whom are probably not offended but look for offence, are you offended by the H&M ad, or are you offended on the behalf of others ?

I believe a lot of people now (particularly on social media) sheepishly jump on any self righteous bandwagon yes, some of whom are probably not offended but look for offence, are you offended by the H&M ad, or are you offended on the behalf of others ?

Yes I am offended, i assume you are not by making light of it...

I am not offended, no, I could only be offended on behalf of the offended in my opinion, and the consensus of opinion (including your own earlier) would be that I would really have to be black, so your contradicting yourself a bit fella !

I have not made light of anything I have tried to put across a different perspective, I am not one of the sheeple ;)

I am not offended, no, I could only be offended on behalf of the offended in my opinion, and the consensus of opinion (including your own earlier) would be that I would really have to be black, so your contradicting yourself a bit fella !

I have not made light of anything I have tried to put across a different perspective, I am not one of the sheeple ;)

you asked me if i was offended, i said yes, my partner is black, and i find it offensive....

you have indeed make light of the situation.

you said "I'm white, I don't use the term whitey, I'm not offended by the term, but if we can persuade the masses to see it as an offensive term then you become a racist for using it" and then included a smiley face...

that in most peoples books is making light of the situation......fella

you also state...."I could only be offended on behalf of the offended in my opinion, and the consensus of opinion (including your own earlier) would be that I would really have to be black"....nope, i said...." it could be argued that we dont even have the same understanding of the hurt that the advert has caused compared to a black person"...you see the difference ....fella?

Edited by banjodeano

you asked me if i was offended, i said yes, my partner is black, and i find it offensive....

you said "I'm white, I don't use the term whitey, I'm not offended by the term, but if we can persuade the masses to see it as an offensive term then you become a racist for using it" and then included a smiley face...

you also state...."I could only be offended on behalf of the offended in my opinion, and the consensus of opinion (including your own earlier) would be that I would really have to be black"....nope, i said...." it could be argued that we dont even have the same understanding of the hurt that the advert has caused compared to a black person"...you see the difference ....fella?

throwing fella around the way you have, are you having a pop at any minority, you seem to be.

There you go getting all sensitive now about a 'wink' emoticon, that's the trouble, you are way too touchy, you look for something you will find it.

I know I'm repeating myself, but the kids mother said she was not offended. A scenario of not being able to consider a black boy for the photoshoot could have been classed as discriminatory, there are different aspects to this but hey concentrate on the simple one .... the faux outrage :roll:

Can you explain why exactly?

---------- Post added 15-01-2018 at 07:37 ----------

So it would be racist to not select the black kid for the modelling job, but it is also racist to select him for it .... you understand my point right !

Well, no, because I think it would be discriminatory to take the colour of the model into question at all, but I don't think they did. I don't think they "selected a black kid", I think they had a model who was modelling lots of clothes, including that item, and the colour of the model was irrelevant to them all, as it should be.