H&M racist advert

Not in this case.

From the article linked by the OP "The Weeknd has severed ties with H&M, with the singer saying he was "deeply offended" by an advert for a children's hoodie.

The Canadian singer, who has a clothing line with the retailer, said he was "shocked and embarrassed" after the company posted an ad of a black child in a sweatshirt with the words "coolest monkey in the jungle" on the front."

You can argue the toss whether he is right or wrong in his viewpoint but he isn't the standard bunch of white hand wringing lefties.

In the words of the mother of the boy in the advert, this Canadian singer should "get over it".

I think I their rush to be all inclusive they've forgotten there's a big world outside H&M high command where, for example professional footballers still have to listen to monkey noises. Cack handed describes it perfectly.

---------- Post added 09-01-2018 at 13:44 ----------

I don't think it would have mattered if it was a white kid if I'm honest.

If I "earned" 2, 3 or 4 hundred thousand a week as a bladder kicker, honestly they could call me any name they wanted. As I drove home in my Rolls or Bently or Ferrari I would be having a real chuckle about it.

Angel1.

If I "earned" 2, 3 or 4 hundred thousand a week as a bladder kicker, honestly they could call me any name they wanted. As I drove home in my Rolls or Bently or Ferrari I would be having a real chuckle about it.

Angel1.

Easy for you to say.

Nothing wrong with it at all. The only 'racist' thing about it is the people getting upset as they are the ones associating the black boy with being a monkey. Us normals dont see a problem.

Completely agree with you on this. The people who see it as a problem are the racists.

Easy for you to say.

Very easy for me to say, I'm no snowflake.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,

But calling cannot hurt me.

Been brought up all my 67 years believing in that saying. No point in going against it now, it's served me well.

Angel1.

Angel1.

I bought a chocolate 'Cheeky Monkey' just before Christmas from Asda, do you think my 'coloured' friend would like it?

I bought a chocolate 'Cheeky Monkey' just before Christmas from Asda, do you think my 'coloured' friend would like it?

The weather over here right now is no good for brass monkeys, believe me.:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-01-2018 at 00:23 ----------

Your post reminded me of Robertson's jam LOL Remember that eh?

---------- Post added 12-01-2018 at 00:27 ----------

Been brought up all my 67 years believing in that saying. No point in going against it now, it's served me well.

Angel1.

Name calling never hurt me either, but it hurt the caller on occasion, get my drift?:wink: Rarely could I find my other cheek, let alone turn it, lol

Edited by Ontarian1981