What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Shouldn't that be "soup?"

Not that eating the things is any more or less preferable to smearing them all over my face :gag:

You are correct and my typing is still crap. :D

Too much info by the way.

just off to eat some horse. Bye bye.

I ate a deep fried tarrantula in Cambodia. It is very chewy but there's quite a lot of meat on them, Especially on the abdomen.

I also had grasshoppers, bamboo grubs and crickets, again all deep fried and then squirted with soy sauce. They were great, bit of a barbeque taste to them. YUM!

Although it's not "strange" food, I finally cultivated the snails in my back garden last week and ate them on Saturday with garlic and parsley butter. And they didn't cost me a tenner like they usually do at Chatsworth farm shop.

I ate something called a Mopani worm (not necessarily the right spelling). I was in South Africa at a tribal village that opened its doors to visitors. There was a traditional meal served, but the 'nibbles' included crocodile and this worm that was cooked up in a tomato sauce. It was ok apart from when i bit into it, liquid kind of exploded into my mouth. I told myself it was the sauce to avoid being sick, but it clearly wasn't. Other than that, crunchy meaty texture. Not something i'd seek out again!

Archived