What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

So far it's probably water buffalo, ostrich, kangaroo, crocodile most of which have been mentioned already. I notice no one has said squirrel yet. I'm guessing one of you foodies will have eaten them.

I've not made it to the far east or africa to eat all the crazy grubs and stuff some of you guys have had, but I will at some point ;)

I am still hoping to try every fruit at least once in my life. Pomelo, Rambutan, Ugli, Mangosteen, Yuzu and Longan are some of the ones I've had that I've not really seen over here in any old shop.

I really want to try a durian, heard about them a while back. It's interesting to see how many of you have tried it already.

Wow only read the last page but some people have eaten amazing things! For me I think it's kangaroo or sea urchin.

Can you get hold of sea urchin in sheffield? I only ever seem to hear about it in London restaurants and i'd love to try it.

Can you get hold of sea urchin in sheffield? I only ever seem to hear about it in London restaurants and i'd love to try it.

Not sure, but when I tried it it was in Malta!

Bakewell. When you go over the bridge from the car park there's a shop on your right (not quite a butchers) that sells the usual meat - but they also do a lot of game and more unusual stuff such as crocodile, hare, etc. They were charging £3.25 per squirrel. This was around 6 wks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived