What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hugh Fearley Whatnot was on the radio talking about eating giraffe. He said anyone who had spent time in Sub Saharan Africa would probably have been offered something of that sort.

Would you eat giraffe?

What other unusual creatures have you eaten?

When I was in South Africa we ate a wart hog that we ran over in the Land Rover. Lovely

Hugh Fearley Whatnot was on the radio talking about eating giraffe. He said anyone who had spent time in Sub Saharan Africa would probably have been offered something of that sort.

Would you eat giraffe?

What other unusual creatures have you eaten?

When I was in South Africa we ate a wart hog that we ran over in the Land Rover. Lovely

If I was offered giraffe I wouldn't have any qualms eating it.

Essentially most animals are edible with the exception of poisonous frogs or other toxic animals

Most other animals would probably taste similar to the meats we are use to ie.

Chicken,Beef, Pork and fish.

Even cats and dogs can be eaten, but because they have become dometsicated then that thought horrifies alot of people in the Western world.

I would imagine quite a few people in the UK have eaten horse meat without actually realising it.

• 1 year later...
I regularly eat Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies and sometimes I eat them raw and upside down! :gag:

Fray Bentos is good stuff.

The strangest food I've eaten is takeaway fast food. :gag:

And the most unusual food I've eaten is jellyfish, which was just horrible.

Archived