What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

I need to ask. If they whiffed so badly - why did you eat them? :hihi:

I was assured by my Singaporean friend that it's a delicacy. :suspect: I've noticed that some places in Chinatown in London have started selling durian now - you can smell it from Leicester Square!:gag:

hi i ate something called 'hakarl' in iceland.

it's decomposing shark flesh. it's chewy - a bit like the consistancy of a pensil eraser and tastes like uber-strong blue cheese until you bite right thru the chunks and you get like a cloud of amonia that burns the back of your mouth mmm must do that again.

hmmm, ive had snake, ostrich, crocodile, shark and kangaroo- which seem quite tame compared to some of the things posted already. although the snake was an adder that my mate had run over on his bike, so i cooked it for us in butter and garlic!

ive had chicken feet in china, snails and frogs legs in france (plus horse), and the best sushi ever in japan- but still nothing particularly shocking.

ive not had fresh durian fruit, but ive eaten the bottled version. i think i got that from a continental market in london but it was called jackfruit and was in syrup. i recognised the picture of it from watching too much wildlife on one! lol

fact for the day: durian fruit is the favourite food of the orangutan- hence the smell, they will travel miles to eat it, thus continuing the plants reproductive cycle.

Had Ostrich burgers at the farmers market in town a couple of years ago, stranger than that? erm....kebab meat.

If you broke down the ingredients and told someone what you'd just eaten they'd look at you gone out.

Adam

Mealworms flavoured with cheddar cheese seasoning.

They were really good, and not at all digusting. Did you know that Mexican food used to be made with insects before the conquistadores? There were cockroach burritos, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived