What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Coyote (though I'm not totally sure it was). On a trip to the Grand Canyon, Native Americans have licenses to shoot the coyotes out there as vermin and serve them up to tourists as food, according to the tour guide. Certainly wasn't like any meat I've eaten before but not sure if they were telling the truth or not.

i was just wondering what was the weirdest thing you have ever eaten.

i have eaten horse meat, raw liver, squid and i have even tasted snake.

A Mcdonalds, what a waste of money

On holiday in Hong Kong we were taken out by some Chinese friends and ate a steambowl. This is basically a bowl of bubbling stock into which you drop bits of food in until its cooked - bit like a fondue.

Most of the stuff we were putting into the pot was readily identifiable except one thing. When we asked what it was we were told - "Not know English word for it. Slimy thing. Live on bottom of ocean" accompanied by hand gestures resembling a slug.

As an adult about as adventurous has been seaweed and baby squid soup... though they didn't cut the squid up so it was a bit offputting having them floating around the bowl whole in "at sea" condition.

Also ate a fatal poisonous plant at 3 thinking it was a lettuce. Though, luckily, told family straight away thinking they'd be proud but it was a case of "we don't have any lettuce in the garden... which one did you eat?" cue screams and running around.

Didn't half hurt peeing for a week in hospital with whatever the sadists in hospital shoved down me uretha.

Japanese food. Non of it is cooked just warmed over a spirit lamp.

I remember years ago in Yokohama going in to a restuarant and ordering, (I think it is called) Suki Yaki or something.

We had with us a bloke from Wath, real Yorkshireman he was.

The meal was seved up by a lass at the end of the table, and he said 'whats all these white lumps in it?'

He was told they were whales blubber.

He said 'well im not eating that crap', stood up put his shoes on and stormed out, we all cracked up laughing and left with him, leaving behind a very confused Geisha girl. :D :D

Archived