What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Loads of weird stuff in China,

Guinea Pig in Peru (which is not bad really)

Mopane worms in Zimbabwe (Tastless)

crocodile, zebra, Impala etc in Africa

the usually selection of locust etc in Middle east.

2 of the worst i have ever had where both normal sounding but truely grim to eat.

A cabbage donut in Russia. That came a really shock when i was expecting jam in the middle. :gag:

And the worst of the bunch. In Kyrgyzstan them make a cheese and an Alcholic drink out of horses milk. Probably the only thing i've tried to eat but couldn't brink myself to swallow. Its a bitter acid taste and it stays in your mouth no matter how many mints you eat afterwards. I think it's something that you need to have been given since birth to be able to stomach. The problem is the nice herders are sat in their yurt looking for a sign of approval at their culinary prowess while your trying to use every once of self control not to throw up over them.

If you travel the food is essential if you want to really get a feel for the country.

Boiled penguin eggs.

And they taste of fish!

I had a raw turtle egg in Costa Rica. Came free with a beer. It was in a little galss and you're supposed to knock it back in one but I'm such a wimp that the yolk broke in my mouth. I won't be having another

:gag:

I had a raw turtle egg in Costa Rica. Came free with a beer. It was in a little galss and you're supposed to knock it back in one but I'm such a wimp that the yolk broke in my mouth. I won't be having another

:gag:

arent turtles endangered? imagine, that was a baby turtle you ate. naughty person.

mind you, i dont fancy your chances of being able to gulp down a full grown one!

sophie

x

Archived